Star Trek: Picard

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
He's not an android so much as a synthetic human. Sort of like a skinjob cylon.

I did like James Callis as his father. Fans are primed to see him as evil yet as said above it's clear he was doing the best he could..

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm a mega Trek guy, have seen pretty much all of TOS/TNG/Voy/Ent and the first half of DS9 (it's the one I got into most recently).

I haven't watched Picard OR Discovery since season 1 ended in both cases. I was beyond excited for Picard when it was announced and couldn't wait. A few episodes later and I was depressed and pessimistic, like the show is.

Haven't watched it since, 'cause I don't like being raped

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
happened upon a clip from ds9

it turns out, they too time traveled to 2024, but it's not connected, they went to aug 30 to sep 1, also in san fran

as a reminder the "event is supposed to happen on tax day 4-15-2024

did they just happen to unrelatedly pick 2024 as a time travel year? or is this related? or too much credit for writers that probably never watched much trek cuz they just seemingly handwave shit

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
happened upon a clip from ds9

it turns out, they too time traveled to 2024, but it's not connected, they went to aug 30 to sep 1, also in san fran

as a reminder the "event is supposed to happen on tax day 4-15-2024

did they just happen to unrelatedly pick 2024 as a time travel year? or is this related? or too much credit for writers that probably never watched much trek cuz they just seemingly handwave shit
ABSOLUTELY too much credit for these writers. they felt like they needed to explain why the bar on the enterprise was called 10 Forward. here's the reason it's called 10 Forward. it's the forward section of deck 10.

they also had no idea that guinan had already met picard. they met in like, 1880 while guinan was boozing it up with the bourgeoisie. guinan was PERFECTLY HAPPY chilling out with rich white people in a time when rich white people were actively and publicly making it very difficult for black folk, but fast forward to "current" day and NOW she's pissed...

the writers CLEARLY only reference good trek on accident.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
still haven't watched Disco season 4 or Picard season 2, will get around to it eventually but more out of a sense of completion. Saw a documentary on Voyager is going out soon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

There was a sign at a homeless camp that said "Sanctuary District" and when Rios is about to be deported, they mention they are bringing him to a Sanctuary District near the border.

So at bare minimum, they are aware of the DS9 episodes about the Bell Riots.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What annoys me is the jizzing off Rios does whenever he gets to speak Hispanic. I mean, his language is from 400 years in the future. I’m fairly certain if I tried to talk to someone from 400 years ago they wouldn’t have the first fucking clue what I was saying. Not that they’ve even made any reference to the universal translator.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'm a mega Trek guy, have seen pretty much all of TOS/TNG/Voy/Ent and the first half of DS9 (it's the one I got into most recently).

I haven't watched Picard OR Discovery since season 1 ended in both cases. I was beyond excited for Picard when it was announced and couldn't wait. A few episodes later and I was depressed and pessimistic, like the show is.

Haven't watched it since, 'cause I don't like being raped
finish ds9 before any of this new drivel, it could be the best series of the TNG era. I watch it on repeat

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I tried again … episode 5 . Promptly cancelled paramount plus with the reason “Picard sucks”

man it’s brutal

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You all are not appreciating the meta aspect to all of this. Trapped in a twisted and dark reflection of something once so familiar, not sure how things could have ever turned out this way? That's us. Q is torturing us.

spronk

FPS noob
lol is this headline accurate

is picard season 2 MORE garbage-y than season 1? how is that possible

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Extended family was briefly discussing Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul last weekend for obvious reasons. Brother-in-law butts in that he doesn't care, he gets a new episode of Star Trek every week. RLM Mike's theory about the algorithm is accurate I think. This idiot just wants his fandom appeased. There is no critical eye towards the substance of what he's watching, just consume. Any time I try to discuss it, the conversation abruptly ends. Like, awkwardly abrupt, he stops talking to me and doesn't respond to my point.

What I can't figure out is that he's a genuine fan of TOS. The overlap in fandom between modern star trek and OG stuff is very rare.

IDK, the idiot unironically wears a flat cap, bow tie, and suspenders, so maybe not much is up there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Show isn't great, and I like bits more than most here, but every time John De Lancie is on the screen is amazing.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I hope they won't cancel Picard and Discovery anytime soon. I am full of anticipation and can't wait for the next episode .... of watching Mike and Rich absolutely tearing it apart while dying inside. RLM is killing it. Watching these two is worth the flaming pile of garbage that Star Trek has become.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users