Star Trek: Picard

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
2.42 star(s) Rating: 2.42/5 12 Votes
Title: Star Trek: Picard

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Patrick Stewart, Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, Isa Briones

Overview: A new chapter in Jean-Luc Picard's life set twenty years after the events of Star Trek Nemesis.

spronk

FPS noob

to be honest that kinda looked like a fake ad in a Hunger Games kinda movie, that voice over was cheesy as fuuuuuuuck. Hype for show deflating.

No air date yet, but will be only available on CBS All Access in 2019, same as Star Trek Discovery. Also a Star Trek animated series will be releasing.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's difficult to get hyped about them going with the Discovery ship designs and aesthetic.

Its not 100% confirmed but CBS was trying to force the TV production rights people to change the design because CBS doesn't like them I'm pretty sure and wanted the Picard show to stand alone as its own line of toys and merchandise and that people expected more TNG aesthetic and less Discovery (which is true, nobody gives a fuck about Discovery merchandise)

The people who are licensing the rights said not possible but "we'll make some small alterations" and CBS said they sucked was my take on it.

Why fund a show that sucks? Production shutdown please until everything is sorted out.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

to be honest that kinda looked like a fake ad in a Hunger Games kinda movie, that voice over was cheesy as fuuuuuuuck. Hype for show deflating.

No air date yet, but will be only available on CBS All Access in 2019, same as Star Trek Discovery. Also a Star Trek animated series will be releasing.

Only good part of that was how they used a flute for the theme at the end. And the only reason that was good was because of the nostalgia it invoked.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So he's making wine?

not what I expected

Last edited:
  • 2Picard

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Another show I will not be watching because it should be on TV.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Another show I will not be watching because it should be on TV.
I don't get how these networks don't understand this. Just air it on CBS AND sell the rights to Netflix and you'll fucking destroy. People want Star Trek. Instead you're just lighting money on fire trying to prop a failed service and encouraging people not to watch your show. There is 0 chance I ever subscribe to CBS All Access or whatever the fuck it's called. Air it on CBS? I guaranteed DVR it. Put it on Netflix? I watch it for sure at some point. CBS All Access? I might not even care enough to pirate it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I subbed to CBS All Access for Discovery and it was a huge PITA to cancel it. It wouldn't work on the website for some reason and I wasn't going to call them. I just put a gift card on the account that only had a $1 on it. I'll never sub to them again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I mean... All Good Things was fine.

Picard retired to wine country and ran a vinyard and got future space-parkinsons. I think he married Beverly didn't he?

Just watch RLM reviews of the TNG movies for an entirely adequate dissertation on why TNG was the best star trek, and how it was specific to a few writers. Yes, even better than DS9 which was itself awesome. TNG was more Star Trekky though.

I don't see how a star trek named Picard could be good. Not saying it to be edgy or whatever... what made TNG good was the idea of an ethical space cappn opposed to Cowboy Kirk. That there is room in the Star Trek Federation for both kinds of leader is important, and it make Kirk pop out even more. Naming it Picard means that the show writers probably don't get what made TNG so popular. And lets not forget, the first two seasons of TNG were just straight BAD, so it's not like the writers of TNG knew either at first. DS9 first season is plenty rough too, and Sisko is his own sort of Iconic captain.

It's social commentary and it always has been. When they started to deviate from that is when ST went into the shitter. I'm lookin at you Voyager.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
kirk gets the "he's a cowboy" nonsense all the time, but that isn't really who he was. people mistake the kobayashi maru cheating as him being a rule breaking chaotic captain but he wasn't. he didn't cheat at the kobayashi maru, he changed the parameters. it's semantics, but if he was cheating, starfleet would have booted him, instead they gave him a commendation for original thinking. the point of it was to show that he stares at the no-win scenario and uses starfleet ingenuity to win.

point is, there absolutely is room for picard and kirk to be captains in the same starfleet. they just have different purposes. picard is a diplomat, kirk is an explorer.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So we might get a TNG sequel after all, just by accident.

Sounds like CBS threw down the gauntlet on the Discovery beef. I doubt they will reshoot it.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
kirk gets the "he's a cowboy" nonsense all the time, but that isn't really who he was. people mistake the kobayashi maru cheating as him being a rule breaking chaotic captain but he wasn't. he didn't cheat at the kobayashi maru, he changed the parameters. it's semantics, but if he was cheating, starfleet would have booted him, instead they gave him a commendation for original thinking. the point of it was to show that he stares at the no-win scenario and uses starfleet ingenuity to win.

point is, there absolutely is room for picard and kirk to be captains in the same starfleet. they just have different purposes. picard is a diplomat, kirk is an explorer.
Kirk had a lot more moments of diplomacy than folks give him credit for. And Picard did plenty of exploring. TNG just defined the mythos of letting your Number One go into dangerous situations.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database