Star Trek: Picard

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not that i know off, i just felt like posting a picture of him because he was awesome and i consider Commander Shran my spirit animal.
Best Combs, Enterprise really got much better the last couple of seasons. I really still can't stand the theme song though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jeri Ryan sounds pretty awesome here
She was a very specific character for four years on Voyager. There was a lot of growth, and all of that. She went from being a machine to learning to be human. But, particularly the way she moved and her voice, that was what I was really hung up on. Her voice didn’t change that much in four years. So, she had a stilted, very formal, very stylized way of speaking, at the end of Voyager. So, when I got the initial script, and from I knew from the original pitch with James [Duff] a year and a half ago, she is not the same Seven. She is much more human. She been on Earth for a long time, she has been through a lot. So, when I saw that initial script and as you saw “what the hell are you doing out here?” It’s a very, very different voice. And that is what was freaking me out.

...I was literally freaking out. I was bursting into tears: “I don’t know what her voice is! I can’t find her.” So, Johnny[Hugh] came over and we had lunch and read the script for like an hour and finally he just – I was so freaked out I couldn’t think clearly about it – he said after an hour: “just try this, what if…” The Borg have always been hated, they are universally hated because they were bad guys, they were tough. But, there’s other elements in this world with the Borg. And, what if she had to make the choice to be as human as possible, to survive, to sound as human and act as human as possible. Clearly, she is always going to look like a former Borg, because she has these implants that cant go away. So, what if she had to make that choice – a conscious choice – to sound as human as possible. And that’s all I needed. That’s what I needed! I just needed something for it to make sense as an actor as to why she would have that huge of a change. Then it made sense to me. I was still freaking out in my first scene.

sounds like the two borgs are the actors that care.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's too bad the character didn't have more growth in Voyager. Towards the end they were teasing her getting the remaining implants removed, wearing a uniform, dating, etc. but that show just could not stop hitting the goddamn reset button.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Discovery and Picard however are using a "license" of ST that says everything has to be 25% different than ST visually etc or u pay $$ and you have to a la carte it.. The enterprise D as we know it in the dream, extra $$$ TNG uniforms and emblems $$$ even characters - data, Picard $$$ $$$

i guess from this episode 3 cost the most so far cuz of this

Fucker

Log Wizard
I want a Star Trek: Crusher series. I'd have Jonah Hill be Wesley just to get on Wheaton's nerves.

• 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This week's episode was marginally better than last. Writing is still all over the place though.

The scene with the captured Romulan assassin made no sense. Why talk to them then kill himself? Why not just bite the pill or whatever it is as soon as he's revived? Equally, they knew he had this ability but took no measures to counter it or protect themselves. It was almost like they were surprised when he spat the acid on the "good" Romulan.

Also, I expected him to look more assassiney. He just looked like hired muscle. Maybe we were spoiled with the Suliban.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Finished episode 3. Show vacillates between boring and cringe. I definitely need to find me some romulan domestic help though— cook, clean, and take out armed assassins.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Defiant was basically an armored truck with a big ass gun strapped to it. Without cloak it was still too vulnerable without support.
Star Trek space combat strength or lack therefore depends on plot armor. Defiant weak? In every battle it takes dozens of hits and survives, while large battlecruisers on all sides that are seemingly undamaged explode after a single hit.

You can think of every ship of having exactly one hitpoint, and "equipping" main characters massively increases that one hp.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finished episode 3. Show vacillates between boring and cringe. I definitely need to find me some romulan domestic help though— cook, clean, and take out armed assassins.
the help are former romulan secret police whatever tal shiar are called

Kiki

Log Wizard
The third episode made me warm up to it a bit. The hand to hand combat and phaser fights are 10x better than TNG or anything else really. I hope they do some comedy with the
new pilot and he should have taken his bodyguards. Where is the eyecandy? Is it the scientist?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This guy cracks me up and hits the damn nail on the head with his reviews.

The quoted "roles" on that caption are kind of amusing. The new captain doesn't seem all that young, maybe just in comparison to Picard. Also the former first officer doesn't seem hip in any way, more the grumpy old pragmatic friend.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah now we have Raffi that calls Picard JL every other sentence, vapes, and complains about wealth equality on fucking Earth while her trailer home is planted in the Vasquez Rocks even though it's a historic park. I can't remember which character said "pro tip" but god damn my eyes rolled hard. Imagine thinking language wouldn't completely change in 350 years, hell just look at the last 10 years in reality.

3 out of the 10 episode season just to get off Earth and really not much at all has happened that wasn't outright cringe. Maybe this wouldn't seem so disjointed and boring if you could binge the entire thing at once.

But he said "engage" so that memberberry pleasure center is tingling!

iannis

Musty Nester
I feel like anyone named Doomcock is a natural ally to me and my clan.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users