Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Cybsled

The main character in this show is a black strong female that, while being a linguist, is also an amazing engineer and has a tragic backstory that is full of oppression

File this under “Tell me you never watched the original series without telling me you never watched the original series”

You do realize she is learning or doing that shit in SNW because that was what happened in the show from 50 fucking years ago, right?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
File this under “Tell me you never watched the original series without telling me you never watched the original series”

You do realize she is learning or doing that shit in SNW because that was what happened in the show from 50 fucking years ago, right?
Being able to diddle the com system or the translator system isnt the same thing as working on the warp engine.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I actually do not have too much of an issue with the Uhura portrayal in SNW, since she is pretty consistently an emotional basket case that Spock tends to blow out of the water. Chapel is the one that got retconned into some sort of savant girl boss, but the actress is easy on the eyes and not a diversity hire so she kind of gets a pass. M'Benga and Number One are the secret standouts in the show for me, both are well written, cast, and acted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
tomato, tomahto. the real question is how she transitions from the boy in SNW to the woman in TOS

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The whole thing is fairly woke but not to offensive levels which makes it very watchable.
Emotion Reaction GIF

Watching the episode turned musical. W. T. F.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Emotion Reaction GIF

Watching the episode turned musical. W. T. F.
I liked the musical. The part that was trash about it was that once again it was about Uhura being a strong female girlboss while the captain was not only a simp, they didnt even let him sing (though maybe he just sucked at singing, it was hard to tell)

• 1Cringe

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I liked the musical. The part that was trash about it was that once again it was about Uhura being a strong female girlboss while the captain was not only a simp, they didnt even let him sing (though maybe he just sucked at singing, it was hard to tell)
open your mind lobotomy GIF by Topshelf Records

The klingons were just singing, dancing and rapping. Too much. Too. Much.

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, I know there's been musicals before. Fun for the actors. But ST:SNW has 10 episodes pr season, on season 2. Unlike Buffys 12 / season. The musical episode was e07s06. No need to fuck it up this early in SNW.

hich Buffy episode is a musical?

Once More, with Feeling

"Once More, with Feeling" is the seventh episode of the sixth season of the supernatural drama television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997–2003) and the only one in the series performed as a musical.

Oh...
Lessons in TN was e19s6....

Siliconemelons

Late to the game, just started episode 1.

This is off of Discovery right? are we still pretending Discovery is a thing?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Late to the game, just started episode 1.

This is off of Discovery right? are we still pretending Discovery is a thing?
Ignore Discovery if you can, because they do, mostly. I think I noticed a small reference with Spock doing something, but it was very small, and I don't think it referenced Burnam by name. They even changed the atrocious NuKlingons back to TNG/DS9/Enterprise Klingons, which was nice.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
S3 production resumes in December.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

As mentioned I just started, I think I am 4 or 5 episodes in.

Right now my issue is the crew, mostly medical, being able to just /do/ things that even in TNG/DS9 and Voyager would be considered insanely advanced.

And /not spoiler tagging his/ the beaming a thing into Spocks eye right at the right time? wtf was that?

Things seem very rushed compared to TNG/TOS and the solutions to the problems so far have just been hypo-spray it.

But its so much better than discovery...good lord, so much better.

spronk

FPS noob
so that guaranteed at least 2 more seasons for SNW, odd that it doesn't mention if its the final or not. Season 3 will be 2025 so s4 must be 2026. Lower Decks will be on its last season this fall.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users