Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Bald Brah

Dental Dammer
2,915
3,298
Yeah this may be the worst episode of a Star Trek show ever made, though I have not seen any modern trek outside of Picard Season three and this show to be fair. I did not think they could make something worse than the musical episode, but boy was I wrong. I just started fast forwarding to the Trelaine parts, but even those were terribad. And then Captain Pussy Hat has a full cry meltdown with a therapist at the end...... holy fuck who signed off on this.

Scott Bakula was the last watchable one. Still has some eye candy with the Vulcan chick.

I tried to watch discovery but early on its fat chick, black chick, old Asian lady grrl power. And they are all ugly as fuck. The only white dude was some fucking butt pirate. Total shit show.
images (2).jpeg
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,386
43,144
Yeah this may be the worst episode of a Star Trek show ever made, though I have not seen any modern trek outside of Picard Season three and this show to be fair. I did not think they could make something worse than the musical episode, but boy was I wrong. I just started fast forwarding to the Trelaine parts, but even those were terribad. And then Captain Pussy Hat has a full cry meltdown with a therapist at the end...... holy fuck who signed off on this.
Certainly the most absurd and close to the worst, but the worst are every episode of Starf Leet Academy followed by every episode of Discovery.
 

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Gold Donor>
16,931
38,488
Yeah I completely avoided watching anything from those two series. What little I know I have accumulated through the osmosis of other people bitching about how bad they are. Kurtzman is the Kathleen Kennedy of Star Trek and its extremely obvious he took a direct hand in this season.
 

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Gold Donor>
16,931
38,488
Yeah, really bad, but not Soap episode bad. So confounding cuz the episode that preceded it was pretty solid. And the 24 ripoff episode was really good. It's like half the episodes are being written by a completely different writing team.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
31,798
26,486
It's like half the episodes are being written by a completely different writing team.

With almost any TV series there are different writers that take the lead on each episode. There is also a team of directors. Figure out who's doing each episode and I bet you'll see a pattern.
 

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,078
15,566
Finally got around to watching the season finale - was pretty decent. I wasn't expecting the TOS: animated series cameos - was cool seeing some of those in live action.

They don't outright state it, but they seemed to strongly hint that the "space baby" was potentially a Prophet from DS9

Season was uneven - too much silly. Silly can be fine (the Lower Decks crossover episode was a great example of silly done right), but it needs balance and in a short season you feel it more acutely since they take up a larger percentage of your over all episodes. Some of the silly/dumb episodes had some good parts, like the soap opera episode that had that nice emotional moment where Pike finally confronts that whole life he lived last season and the emotional loss of his family from that life. But there were some good episodes - the Balance of Terror prequel with the admiral and the season premiere stood out to me.
 

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
31,798
26,486
I wasn't expecting the TOS: animated series cameos -
The what?

How the fuck have I never heard of this?

Star Trek: The Animated Series (TAS) is a 22-episode sci-fi cartoon that originally aired on NBC from 1973 to 1974 across two seasons
 
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
31,798
26,486
TOS: animated series cameos
I'm almost done with season 1. Holy shit this was pretty good. The quality of the stories were the same as the series, they just had to wrap them up faster. Next time I do a star trek ranking, I'll be sure to include this. It'll definitely beat out most of the modern crap.
 

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
19,078
15,566
Surprised you never heard of it, but glad you enjoyed. There is a fan made Voyager short done in the style of this series you can find on YouTube that you may appreciate more now since it captures the animation and pacing style of TAS

They used to play the old episodes on Nickelodeon back in the 80s after TNG came out to help capitalize on the popularity of that show, that is when I first saw this show