Star Wars: Attack Squadrons

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It may not be X-Wing or Tie Fighter, but it might be as close as we are going to get in this day and age.

Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Trailer, First Details Revealed - IGN
Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, a free-to-play space combat game for PC. Star Wars: Attack Squadrons is being developed by Area 52 Games, in conjunction with Disney Interactive and LucasArts. It will allow players to customize and tune "popular Star Wars ships" like X-Wings and TIE fighters and will support dogfights of up to 16 players.

Beta Signups:STAR WARS: Attack Squadrons - Play Free STAR WARS Game Online

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh good, the explosions are even more fiery than the movies! I really hope they devote enough dev time to making that fire look as realistic as possible.

Juvarisx

Florida
My only problem is that its Disney so you are never going to hear the end of R2 droids fucking beeping

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Granted, I probably had plenty of other things I could have called attention to. But yes, I went with that, because that's the thing that stood out the most from this completely uninspired trailer for a mediocre rehash of a great franchise/concept that deserves a great game, and not the pile of shit this will turn out to be.

That, and as mentioned above, the fucking R2 screaming.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Granted, I probably had plenty of other things I could have called attention to. But yes, I went with that, because that's the thing that stood out the most from this completely uninspired trailer for a mediocre rehash of a great franchise/concept that deserves a great game, and not the pile of shit this will turn out to be.

That, and as mentioned above, the fucking R2 screaming.
It looks just like that bullshit that SWTOR put out. Why can't we have 64 player battles in a space sim? I don't want Star Wars Fox in space. I want reskinned Xwing v Tie Fighter. Fuck I sound like those EQ neckbeards now.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Who knows, if those Baldurs Gate remakes do well, maybe we'll get some other old games remade too. Lord knows these industries FUCKING LOVE THE REMAKES OMG!

I'd buy a remake of X-wing, TIE-Fighter, and all that stuff in a heartbeat.

regret_sl

shitlord
If your budget is so small that you're going to put your devs Skype call in as the voice acting you might want to rethink releasing a trailer to the public.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It certainly does not look visually up to date or cutting edge , nor does it sound too overly ambitious (16 player). Maybe WII-U exclusive? lol

Salshun_sl

shitlord
If this is even an attempt at an X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter reboot I will do unforgivable shit right here and now to get first access.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If this is even an attempt at an X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter reboot I will do unforgivable shit right here and now to get first access.
Looks to me to be much more in the same vein as the Rebel Assault games.

They were terrible but I still played the shit out of them back when "multimedia" was a brand new thing and really just a fancy word for having a CD-Rom drive.

regret_sl

shitlord

They were terrible but I still played the shit out of them back when "multimedia" was a brand new thing and really just a fancy word for having a CD-Rom drive.
I think I played Rebel Assault 1 or 2 with a joystick and it kept me somewhat entertained as a kid who didn't know any better. Plus you're right, games back then had a much lower bar to hurdle and as someone whose parents bought a Mac it's not like a had a lot of choice in what I played.

Fortunately, these days I have a backlog twenty miles long from Steam sales alone. I don't need to buy a terrible game whose sole purpose is to cash in on my nostalgia.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There will never be another Tie Fighter Wars or XW vs TF. Those games were too complex for the herp derp target audience that is being catered to, plus your average gamer nowadays just wants instant gratification. The retards who think the prequels were any good can't be bothered with managing energy and ammunition.

Troll_sl

shitlord

You shut your fucking whore mouth. Rebel Assault 2 was awesome. Especially with the alternate subtitles.

"I've been practicing primal scream therapy. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
This screams Mechwarrior Online in space to me. Skirmish battles and tons of microtransactions to buy new ships/camo colors/cockpit bullshit.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Is this a Star Wars rail shooter? No thanks.

Hopefully when you beat the game you get to watch Hans Solo dance dance revolution.