Star Wars Battlefront II

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Saw that this game was on sale and I was even willing to drop the $9 on it so I bought the EA pass for $5 because I wanted to play some of the other games with some family. I have to say I am impressed with what it has become.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Saw that this game was on sale and I was even willing to drop the $9 on it so I bought the EA pass for $5 because I wanted to play some of the other games with some family. I have to say I am impressed with what it has become.

If you shit enough times in the same spot, flowers will grow eventually. But it would be better if games didn't START as shit straight out of the box. The last decent SW game was Jedi : Fallen Order and we need The Legend of Grogu : Mando's Awakening pronto.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
If you shit enough times in the same spot, flowers will grow eventually. But it would be better if games didn't START as shit straight out of the box. The last decent SW game was Jedi : Fallen Order and we need The Legend of Grogu : Mando's Awakening pronto.

I'm generally no fan of what anything Star Wars has become and EA are turds. Just saying that this game was more fun than I expected. I'd still take BF4 or earlier over it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Has it changed in the past few years? Friend and I picked it up when it was $5 and it was just hard for me to get into. As mentioned earlier it just was no fun having zero upgrades/perks while maxxed out Luke or Maul was running around raping everyone going 60-1 every round.

spronk

FPS noob
There are game modes where no heroes are allowed, thats probably best to play while you still have level 1 chars. There's also a mode where EVERYONE is a hero, but again I wouldn't play that to start as the difference between someone with a decked out char and someone without is huge. The giant assault games are pretty fun since its basically Battlefield 4, IN SPAAAAAACE.

Its like fortnite, fun to play with friends, fun to play for 1-2 hours a week, but not really compelling to play for long stretches. Try the sp campaign too, its pretty short and the latest season of the Mandalorian has references to Operation Cinder, which is the focus of the video game.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I don't know how much it has changed since this is the first I have played it. You can also grind up in co-op which is 4-player vs bots, mainly similar to rush mode. Easier to get the kills and try out heroes but still challenging.

Inque

FunEmployed
Is there still a population to play that isn't AI-based, though? The last time I played Battlefront, hardly anyone had maps worth a damn going, and it was all bots.

spronk

FPS noob
this is free on Epic Game Stores this week

the PC version allows crazy mods and DICE/EA don't seem to ban for texture mods, I downloaded and installed the Jabba the Hut and Ahsoka mods and its pretty awesome. Gotta find the Mandalorian, Baby Yoda and Pepe the Frog mods

sadly the game is not cross save across pc/console, but it is cross-something across egs/steam/origin

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Funny, watched like 15 mins of Lirik play this while getting ready for work. He had Malgus and baby Yoda mods and some others, they looked really well done.

• 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
yeah liriks channel is how i learned about mods too, i had no idea. game size is massive sadly, its like a 100 gig install on PC

malgus and ahsoka are both amazingly well done, full voice lines and everything

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The last time I played BF2 there was an Ewok game : you'd start with something like 16 stormtroopers and 4 ewoks, and the stormtroopers had to wait for a ship to get them. It was of course in a forest, by night, pitch black. Was really fun, you could see your teammate getting rapded by horde of ewoks, you could hear them, but fuck it was hard to spot one. Everytime a trooper died, you'd spawn as an ewok.
Really fun

Edit :

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ah yes being murdered by dead eyed teddy bears in the dark mode was amusing.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So yeah picked this up for like 8 bucks on deep sale. Apparently there's a decent number of people trying to play it still but EA abandoned it?

You can play the SP campaign but due to some hack, nothing can die in multiplayer, on any server, in any mode. o_O

Yeah its the holidays, but gotta be someone around to reboot the servers?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So yeah picked this up for like 8 bucks on deep sale. Apparently there's a decent number of people trying to play it still but EA abandoned it?

You can play the SP campaign but, due to some hack, nothing can die in multiplayer, on any server, in any mode. o_O

it’s fantastic on Xbox and PlayStation. I’d never play on PC

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

You can play the SP campaign but due to some hack, nothing can die in multiplayer, on any server, in any mode. o_O

They abandoned all their IPs. The Battlefield franchise has had this issue for years and is especially noticeable in 5 since you can't rent or police your own servers. It's even more damning that no streamers or game "journalists" have called them out on this.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users