Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hadn't had that sensation with any of the stupid leaks and fan theories on ep8 until I read that one about Rey asking Luke "Are you my father?" and Luke replies "No... you're MY father!" and she ends up being Anakin reincarnated. It's just too perfectly stupid of a 12 year old retard idea to come out of nowhere like that.

tenor.gif

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
As I recall a workprint of ROTS leaked well before the movie came out so a lot of the rumors from back then had a pretty solid basis. Besides, as soon as you saw those younglings in AOTC you knew what their eventual fate was going to be and it wasn't hard to imagine Lucas actually going there as a response to the TPM being overly kiddified critics.

As for wild Rey theories they literally run the entire gamut. Think of any character in Star Wars and there is probably a theory out there that has them as her father/mother or grandfather/grandmother or that she is a clone of. And then there is the fatherless force baby ideas, the true Chosen One (making Anakin a corrupted false CO), the daughter of someone previously unknown that Luke killed, and it just goes on and on. So someone, somewhere has guessed it already and posted it someplace I have no doubt.

People with way too much fuckin' time on their hands and too much head cannon melting their brains. I don't even try to explore the topic at all I just visit a handful of sites checking for news and have picked up on all of it by pure osmosis over the past year and a half people talk about it so much.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh god, is that a real fanfic? No, you're MY father!!!

lolololol. It's so... so very...

I think I love it.

That would be the pinnacle of fourth wall breaking, self aware, self mockery. Not a single thing about that is subtle.

Yeah. I love it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
/tv/ - The Last Jedi AMA or spoilers - Television & Film - 4chan

Take with a grain of salt.

Supposedly a disgruntled marketing employee who was fired took to 4chan to reveal some plot spoilers.

- Ray is a reincarnation of the first force user similar to Anakin.

- Ray meets Yoda's force ghost on the Jedi island as part of her training.

- Luke tells her there is a creature consumed with hate she must defeat as part of her training. She finds and battles the creature only to reveal itself as Anakin's force ghost & helps her.

- Kylo Ren spends most of the film with Snoke and eventually leaves to retrace Vader's steps in order to find his force ghost.

- Finn wakes up on a resistance ship and his whole plot line revolves around finding out Snoke's true identity. Eventually it brings him to Snokes home planet and discovers his 'crypt'. Snoke has apparently switched bodies many times.

- Ren's search and force sense eventually brings him to the Jedi home planet where he fights Ray but this time he defeats her.

- Luke is able to persuade Ren back to the light side, Ren and Ray leave the planet together to kill Snoke.
Oh i forgot another thing...I HOPE the last one does not happen.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why would Anakin ghost be filled with hate? He came full circle at the end of 6 and we saw him in the sky with Obi Wan and Yoda.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, he had a blue ghost.

Blue means good, red means bad. Purple means everyone's favorite negro.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Even better would be to not explain it.

Rey: Are you my father?
Luke: No, you're MY father!
Rey: bemused look stretching into 15 seconds of silence
Luke: I don't know why I said that. No, I'm not your father. Well... unless... was your mother a nerf herder? Blonde. Nice rack?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Why would Anakin ghost be filled with hate? He came full circle at the end of 6 and we saw him in the sky with Obi Wan and Yoda.

This is all born out of a piece of TFA concept art that showed Anakin's force ghost as a very menacing looking figure. The idea was that as the personification of the balance of dark vs light even in death Anakin moved back and forth between the two. Yes it's totally at odds with everything else established about force ghosts but he was supposed to be a unique case because of chosen one mumbo jumbo.

But it was never used and none of that is anything more than another idea that never saw the screen ... not yet anyway.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This is all born out of a piece of TFA concept art that showed Anakin's force ghost as a very menacing looking figure. The idea was that as the personification of the balance of dark vs light even in death Anakin moved back and forth between the two. Yes it's totally at odds with everything else established about force ghosts but he was supposed to be a unique case because of chosen one mumbo jumbo.
yeah if that's the plot it sounds awful yet i hope it's real so we get more prequel meme material.

star-wars-prequel-memes-sandakin.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Well the spoilered plot above doesn't say she defeats him just that he ends up helping her.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Loving the new Blue Man Group designs-- less characterized bad guy masks so that 1 in 68 autist demo doesn't feel uncomfortable w/ the big screen.

Pinnacle of menacing badguy design was the 1977 stormtrooper. Lets not reinvent the whole wheel.

Last edited:

Royal

I'm mixed on them myself.

The overlapping plates combined with the red coloration makes them look a bit like cooked lobsters. I'm guessing those are perhaps vibro blades they're using?

Also it doesn't show up in that picture but there is what looks like a submerged x-wing in the water just beyond R2 in the full sized shot of the game those are from.

0486410e-da95-4178-9ac7-52daf6bfd633_3.d4a7ccaa24a5bc0968d5a22230870fe4.jpeg

Royal

Yes. Well, royal guards presumably. Or whatever Snoke's equivalent to the old Imperial Guards ends up being called.

If you go back over some of Rian Johnson's interviews from shortly after he was announced as the director he's consistently mentions several old Japanese films as sources that serve as his inspiration as a director in general and would be significant to his approach to TLJ. He tweeted out a list of films that he had paid a lot of attention to just as he was beginning the edit and there were several old Japanese samurai flicks on it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user