Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Fadaar

That guy
It's too bad they waited so long to make the sequels because an episode 7 made in the late 80's with the original cast (and more importantly, SFX and directing crew) and an expansion of the Rebellion/New Republic characters (Wedge, Mon Mothma, etc) would have been great. Have it be focused on the complete removal of the Empire from power, namely big things like the Kuat shipyards, conquest of Coruscant, etc. Oh well. The whole nastiness of a prolonged war could have been what eventually drives Luke away from the Republic in the first place which leads to his attempt to kick start the Jedi order, which ultimately fails and creates Kylo Ren and his croneys. Combine that with a bit of a "cold war" between the Imperial remnants that the New Republic bureaucracy deemed unnecessary to remove entirely. This ties in to Lucas's whole fixation on WW2 (ie Germany rebuilding between WW1 and WW2) with the American angle of the Cold War. Blah blah blah eventually Snoke takes command of the Imperial remnant and begins to rebuild (aka First Order) while the New Republic either chooses to ignore them or just believes them to be beneath taking the time to address. Boom the storyline we currently have. A lot of the post-ep 6 stuff was covered in books and would be good to draw from, but we all know Disney hates the EU for the most part. Except Thrawn, at least they made him official and his character in Rebels is pretty awesome.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They don't have the balls to do a gay love story in ep. 8.

It'll be in ep. 9 almost for certain.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's too bad they waited so long to make the sequels because an episode 7 made in the late 80's with the original cast (and more importantly, SFX and directing crew) and an expansion of the Rebellion/New Republic characters (Wedge, Mon Mothma, etc) would have been great. Have it be focused on the complete removal of the Empire from power, namely big things like the Kuat shipyards, conquest of Coruscant, etc. Oh well. The whole nastiness of a prolonged war could have been what eventually drives Luke away from the Republic in the first place which leads to his attempt to kick start the Jedi order, which ultimately fails and creates Kylo Ren and his croneys. Combine that with a bit of a "cold war" between the Imperial remnants that the New Republic bureaucracy deemed unnecessary to remove entirely. This ties in to Lucas's whole fixation on WW2 (ie Germany rebuilding between WW1 and WW2) with the American angle of the Cold War. Blah blah blah eventually Snoke takes command of the Imperial remnant and begins to rebuild (aka First Order) while the New Republic either chooses to ignore them or just believes them to be beneath taking the time to address. Boom the storyline we currently have. A lot of the post-ep 6 stuff was covered in books and would be good to draw from, but we all know Disney hates the EU for the most part. Except Thrawn, at least they made him official and his character in Rebels is pretty awesome.

Tough timing bud. We're talking about fags in Star Wars confirmed by the chief executive producer of the entire franchise as a real thing.

They don't have the balls to do a gay love story in ep. 8.

It'll be in ep. 9 almost for certain.

Here is why I don't believe its a sure thing even for Ep. 9, in one phrase:

Interracial.

If it was 2 white males, we know there would have been at least a peck on the cheek between them in Ep 8.

Last edited:

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
50O5DA6.png

n9FrCNU.png

qPrCtlE.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

I still can't get into the overall look of these guys. I mean I like bringing in some clearly Japanese inspired stylings to the setting but the monochromatic design, the overly clean almost plastic appearance just kills the full potential of it all for me.

Praetorian-Guard-1-576x1024.jpg

Royal

Well the EW photo spread is out. If they follow the R1 schedule we should get another trailer by the end of the month.

Rey-and-Luke.jpg

Others for size.

ew-tlj-cover2.jpg

ew-tlj-cover1.jpg
000263252hr.jpg

000263243hr.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still can't get into the overall look of these guys. I mean I like bringing in some clearly Japanese inspired stylings to the setting but the monochromatic design, the overly clean almost plastic appearance just kills the full potential of it all for me.

Praetorian-Guard-1-576x1024.jpg
If that is the real deal, really looks like shit.

Royal

If that is the real deal, really looks like shit.

Yeah that looks like something that is probably off some sort of toy packaging. This is one definitely a real shot though. They look a little better in it (the laser edge on the halberd is a nice touch) but still too much red.

Praetorian-Guards.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah that looks like something that is probably off some sort of toy packaging. This is one definitely a real shot though. They look a little better in it (the laser edge on the halberd is a nice touch) but still too much red.

Praetorian-Guards.jpg

Prepost?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yikes... what are they like the Star Wars 3D print villains...

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Tough timing bud. We're talking about fags in Star Wars confirmed by the chief executive producer of the entire franchise as a real thing.

Here is why I don't believe its a sure thing even for Ep. 9, in one phrase:

Interracial.

If it was 2 white males, we know there would have been at least a peck on the cheek between them in Ep 8.

I mean why Not? Right? Shits proliferating probably close to 80% of all tv content right now. Even Netflix has to have the token gay shit in every exclusive series. I don't care if your gay or what you do at home, but why do I have to watch this shit on almost every God damned show?

• 1Solidarity

Royal

The last super elite emp guards got pointed at and fell over dead* so...they need...upgrades?

I don't remember them ever being around for anyone to even point at. The only time they were shown in the same room with an enemy he had his hands cuffed.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I think he's talking about Yoda knocking Palpatines guards aside force style in Ep 3