Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a real slow-burn gatcha game. Have been into it with some friends for 1 year+. Anyone else playing this?

Looking to transfer from a casual guild to something more competitive ...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I played this for a bit, after awhile it just feels like WoW Dailies. I am so done with games that feel like chores.
Same here. It felt like doing chores more than having fun. Especially if you were in an active guild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Same here. It felt like doing chores more than having fun. Especially if you were in an active guild.

The Marvel game like this is even worse, somehow. I used to play both, and they were both quite fun at the beginning, but holy FUCK did they become daily chores at a certain level of engagement. I do not miss either one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
the changes to squad arena was one that was great and long overdue just wish they'd quit fucking up GA

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game just feels a painful grind once you get to the gearing up gold mods and those same old 50 of stun gun whatever it is mods.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only reason I was even able to hang on as long as I did with this game is because I like the IP. But like all gatcha games the repetitive grind just... grinds you down.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Game just feels a painful grind once you get to the gearing up gold mods and those same old 50 of stun gun whatever it is mods.

To be fair, all of these games are designed to be a grind for resources. The issues for me tend to be the shittiness of the activities you're required to do to get said resources.

And with SWGOH in specific, fuck the Speed statistic. Speed on mods determined SO much of your power in Arena/whatever.

-edit- If I had to create one of these games, I'd have daily resource income determined by simply logging in. Do activities if you find them fun! If you don't, whatever, just get your resources in 30 seconds of logging in, and spend shit to increase your collection power every ~week or so. The 'gameplay' is rarely fantastic anyway, the main reason I was still playing was 100% because of my collection.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Quit this and Marvel Future Fight a month or so ago. Still playing Marvel Strike Force because I am in an active alliance with fun folks. But those other 2 were definitely a slog after so many year. Cannot describe how nice it is not to waste the time or money on them anymore.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
My alliance in marvel strike Force isn't very strong at the moment, but I'm only like level 76.

Shmoopy

I tried Marvel Strike Force but just couldn't get into it. Seems like SWGOH is borrowing some of the mechanics though ...

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Also if anyone picks this up, for some reason SWGOH has one of the highest production value streamers in gaming.

Channel is worth a sub. This is just a stream of fighting in the arena.

Fadaar

That guy
Also if anyone picks this up, for some reason SWGOH has one of the highest production value streamers in gaming.

Channel is worth a sub. This is just a stream of fighting in the arena.

I've never heard Ahnald mention DrDisrespect but I know he has to be a big fan, basically modeled his whole shtick off of him

I tried Marvel Strike Force but just couldn't get into it. Seems like SWGOH is borrowing some of the mechanics though ...

CG has a Lord of the Rings copy of SWGOH upcoming, curious to see if it's worth a shit. I tried to like MSF too but gave up on it after a few months.