Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
they said the Mando movie would be first and that its a Favreau film, i thought Filoni was doing it? i thought Favreau was not doing stuff for Disney anymore?
I don't know where you saw that. Mando is still Favreau's baby.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn’t get that 4K77 but I did get A New Hope Despecialized and watched it with my family

I damn near cried at the end: I haven’t seen the film unaltered since before the millennium

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they still havent made a profit 10 years after they bought Lucasfilm. more book cooking.
Box office profits generated by Disney's Star Wars movies have fallen $2.8 billion short of covering the media giant's purchase of the sci-fi saga’s creator, Lucasfilm, according to analysis of recently-filed financial statements.

One of its key boasts was about the supposedly spellbinding return on investment generated by the franchises that Disney acquired under Iger.

The presentation gives the impression that Disney's Star Wars trilogy generated a 2.9 times return on the purchase of Lucasfilm as that figure is presented next to a timeline of key events in the production company's history. They include the release of the Disney movies and its acquisition of Lucasfilm which is the only milestone marked with a star. Adding to this impression is the fact that at the other end of the timeline is the Star Wars logo and a photo of the Mandalorian with his little green friend.

However, buried in the fine print is the revelation that the purchase price of Lucasfilm isn't even included in the ROI calculation. Instead, it is purely based on the box office performance of Disney's Star Wars trilogy, its two spinoff movies, merchandise, DVD and Blu Ray sales.

As revealed, the methodology is questionable as Disney based the ROI on the revenue generated by the movies, merchandise, DVDs and Blu Rays rather than the profit they made as it should have done. Using the revenue rather than the profit artificially inflates the result as it doesn't factor in the costs that Disney had to pay out.

Even this wasn't enough for the media giant so it also forecast the revenue that it expected the Star Wars movies, merchandise, DVDs and Blu Rays to generate over a ten-year period and based the calculation on that too. In other words, Disney hasn't actually received the revenue that it used to calculate the return on its investment.

In summary, despite seeming to do so, Disney's presentation doesn't actually reveal whether its Star Wars movies have covered the cost of its purchase of Lucasfilm. There may be good reason for this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users