Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
its already gay and lame. Nothing he can add with his "vision"

Still need the other shoe to drop on the Taika movie.

Goatface

1700243954310.png

really want them to give him total control, $750m budget and bring back lizzo

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
View attachment 500764

really want them to give him total control, $750m budget and bring back lizzo
dude is a one trick pony, he always says dumb shit like that. in a previous interview he said his Star Wars script was 4th on his list of priorities and his involvement was anounced years ago. if he ever gets his turn at a SW movie. it wont be this decade and KK will have retired or died by then. just dont even worry about it. shit is over and so is he.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Best case scenario is he gets authorized a massive budget, overspends, and has to reshoot 70% of the movie like Solo and ROS.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
dude is a one trick pony, he always says dumb shit like that. in a previous interview he said his Star Wars script was 4th on his list of priorities and his involvement was anounced years ago. if he ever gets his turn at a SW movie. it wont be this decade and KK will have retired or died by then. just dont even worry about it. shit is over and so is he.

I'm going to defend Waititi for a second here because all of his films before the MCU were great BECAUSE they were his quirky, weird style. I agree that they do not translate well at all into MCU/Start Wars movies, but he is doing exactly what he has always done. That means it is the executives that keep hiring him that are the problem, not him. It is very obvious he has one style and he is going to fit it to his aesthetic, not the other way around. Get ready for "What We Do In Mos Eisley"

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm going to defend Waititi for a second here because all of his films before the MCU were great BECAUSE they were his quirky, weird style. I agree that they do not translate well at all into MCU/Start Wars movies, but he is doing exactly what he has always done. That means it is the executives that keep hiring him that are the problem, not him. It is very obvious he has one style and he is going to fit it to his aesthetic, not the other way around. Get ready for "What We Do In Mos Eisley"
yes, he's a one trick pony. says the same thing. does the same thing. i dunno why he went apeshit in L&T, maybe he needs somebody to tell him no.

• 1Picard

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
yes, he's a one trick pony. says the same thing. does the same thing. i dunno why he went apeshit in L&T, maybe he needs somebody to tell him no.

He shouldn't be making movies that rely on him to marry his style with others for continuity. Cinematic universes where he has to follow up with establish characters/norms is a bridge too far.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree that they do not translate well at all into MCU
Ragnarok was awesome, maybe because they kept on a tighter leash at first and he couldn't go full Taika. He fucking ruined Free Guy though and between that and Thor 4 I'm gonna be perfectly satisfied never seeing anything by the dude ever again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got an email survey from HBO asking about what I watch. And some how every question ended up being about Our Flag Means Death.. I gave nothing but bad reviews if I was able.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ragnarok was awesome, maybe because they kept on a tighter leash at first and he couldn't go full Taika. He fucking ruined Free Guy though and between that and Thor 4 I'm gonna be perfectly satisfied never seeing anything by the dude ever again.
Ragnarok is indeed awesome. I also really liked JoJo Rabbit. I know people liked his Mandalorion shit but I didn't care for it and basically everything since that he's done has been pretty much trash.

Goatface

“Now I’m what’s called chief creative officer of Lucasfilm,” Filoni tells Vanity Fair, which places him into the development process much earlier and in a much more expansive capacity than his previous advisory duties. “In the past, in a lot of projects I would be brought into it, I would see it after it had already developed a good ways.”

Filoni will now work more directly with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and alongside Carrie Beck, a veteran producer turned head of development, to originate and shepherd the next generation of Star Wars shows and movies.

• 3Like
  • 2Direct to DVD
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't watched Ahsoka, without spoiling specific details did Filoni do something unforgivable? That would remove any doubt whatsoever that Star Wars is beyond saving.

spronk

FPS noob
ahsoka is just very, very mid. its not terrible but its a step down from the animated stuff and mando s1 and it failed miserably in sticking the end of the season so that makes it hard to get excited about the show or characters.

favreaux was solo on mando s3 and it was pretty much garbage (lizzo and jack black, lol) so kinda glad he's not in charge. filoni didn't really prove himself to be Gunn tier with Ahsoka though.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Ahsoka was atrocious writing and had a fucking terrible resolution. At least Mando season 3 thematically and narrative wise made sense.

• 1EyeRoll