Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Must...have...BB-8...remote...control...toy

Seriously how the hell did they come up with him as a proper practical effect. Its just nutzo.
I know right? when they said it was practical, i was like "Bullshit!".
Now i'm stunned!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, luck favors the bold. But...in my experience there's no such thing as "luck".

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can I please now forget that Episodes one, two and three even happened? That's all I want... to forget them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's official, now more excited than EP 1 trailer so this is going to either be mind blowing or the worst disappointment of all time.

rrr_img_94908.jpg

OF ALL TIME.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I'm calling it right now. The voice-over was NOT Luke (Mark Hamill). It was Domhnall Gleeson's character.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Beating Avatar wouldn't surprise me, but destroying is a pretty bold prediction.
Well, I guess it depends on what is considered "destroying". I think beating out Avatar by 100-300million is enough to be considered destroyed.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's going to ass rape Avatar. And after it's Dirty Sanchez finish, it'll hang around long enough to pee on the carpet.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I haven't been following any of the new SW franchise since 1-3 sucked so bad, but I have to say the trailers made me think that this might be an actually bad-ass movie. I'm going to posit that the quality of these movies, as compared to ep 4-6, will be directly inverse to the amount of merchandising and marketing towards kids - happy-meals, toys, etc. Teaser trailers could easily be hiding some jar-jar character they're going to break out later. I'm still holding my breath - but I've got a chubby.

Those teaser trailers were awesome though and had a pretty good gritty feel to them reminiscent of 4-6.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm calling it right now. The voice-over was NOT Luke (Mark Hamill). It was Domhnall Gleeson's character.
i'm with you. it definitely wasnt lifted from rotj, though its incredibly close. hamil is a voice over demi-god, so he could have changed his voice to sound younger, but it's not his natural voice now. I don't really know enough about the new actors to know their voice so i can't say for sure whose it is.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was pretty impressed with how much Hamil sounded like young luke too, since he talks nothing like that now.

EDIT: Darth Revan ftw

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hope this is a "fuck this noise, I'm getting the band back together" type plots. You know like the Blues Brothers + the Force. Hell, Fisher can even keep the rocket launcher idea.

I love the "I'm too old for this shit" with badasses like Eastwood in Unforgiven.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
i'm with you. it definitely wasnt lifted from rotj, though its incredibly close. hamil is a voice over demi-god, so he could have changed his voice to sound younger, but it's not his natural voice now. I don't really know enough about the new actors to know their voice so i can't say for sure whose it is.
Here you go. Start listening at 1:40

It is NOT the same recording from ROTJ. It is an entirely new recording being used in the new trailer. If it is Hamill in the new trailer then he did one hell of a good job making himself sound 30 years younger. If it is not Hamill doing the voice over in the new trailer then that leaves only two possible actors, Adam Driver or Domhnall Gleeson. Driver sounds absolutely nothing like the voice in the new trailer.

That leaves the only possibility as Gleeson.

That means Gleeson equals son of Luke Skywalker and Daisey Ridley equals sister of Gleeson, daughter of Luke Skywalker.

Kylo Ren (Driver) equals deranged son of Han and Leia.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The guy who has been a top notch voice actor for 30 years can sound good on a trailer. Shocked I say. Abrams isnt doing a George Lucas Poetry deal. Rehashing and making the new guys the same as the old is just kinda wheel spinning bullshit.