Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Even if it was like that in an early draft, it doesn't mean he didn't change it by the time of the actual script.

Here's him wearing a han shot first shirt. It's not even the one I remember, so he's got more than one.

george-lucas-han-shot-first_9668.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well one of his calves was always mismatched from the rest of him. It was silver.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Wish I could find the little article I read a couple days ago about that red arm. Basically all for merchandizing of course, 3PO doesn't change a lot unless he gets blown apart and carried around in a bag, or gets replacement parts. Go go toy sales!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
R2, on the other hand, has an unlimited number of attachments that could pop out. C3PO action figure with an extra billion languages just doesn't pop.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well George claimed that it was an "error" that Han appeared to shoot first and it was never intended. Nobody really believed him, but I guess the idea here is we have proof he's lying.
George Lucas thought that han shooting even before greedo doing something, was a very bad way to portray the character. He was a douche but not a murderer. So he added that bad bullshit cgi to correct it.
Han shooting a guy who had a gun pointing at him? Bad!
A dude killing "younglings" ( I always giggle when I think of this word and how ewan said it) off screen? Nah...it's fine. Lol
Fuck Lucas really!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He should have gotten a gun-arm and some HK programming, he's been at war for like 70 fucking years

Now I'm thinking of prissy voiced 3PO calling people meatbags.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
George Lucas thought that han shooting even before greedo doing something, was a very bad way to portray the character. He was a douche but not a murderer. So he added that bad bullshit cgi to correct it.
Han shooting a guy who had a gun pointing at him? Bad!
A dude killing "younglings" ( I always giggle when I think of this word and how ewan said it) off screen? Nah...it's fine. Lol
Fuck Lucas really!
Lucas truly has no skill. Han shooting first give a greater character arc over the movies. The transition carries over better as the movies go. Going from Scoundrel to good guy is better than wimp to whipped.

This ranks up there with Steven CGI'ing flashlights over police guns.

j00t

c3p-o has the infinity gauntlet for protocol droids. the infinity language gauntlet.

ohkcrlho

Lucas truly has no skill. Han shooting first give a greater character arc over the movies. The transition carries over better as the movies go. Going from Scoundrel to good guy is better than wimp to whipped.

This ranks up there with Steven CGI'ing flashlights over police guns.
Exactly. His transformation from a selfish prick to a guy who cares about the fate of the galaxy is what make us love Han.
Yeah that shit from ET lol the cops didn't even use the shotguns so....why changing it?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So did George, only he did so by glomming on to the backlash by wearing Han Shot First t-shirts as if to "Hey I'm with you guys. Who does Lucas think he is making changes like that?" and became an even bigger douche in the process.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
in the comics- i think it was the newspaper strip (maybe 1983-7ish time frame wise)3po did get weapons,,, then went all 3po on everyone (ie fucked up clumsy shit) and ditched the gear. but this was a LONG LONG time ago....in a galaxy far far away.