Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Who else got a hard dick from this scene?

star-wars.jpg

Jive Turkey

Karen
Stop Blaster bolts mid air with no effort as well and mind read.
This was fucking awesome. When they showed that little snippet of Ren turning around and putting his hand up in the trailer, my immediate thought was how cheesy it would translate on screen. It seemed like the sort of scene you'd see during a voice over of someone explaining how badass he is. but it made perfect sense in context and immediately let you know how powerful he was.

It was also an opportunity for JJ to get a lens flare out of the way, which he took full advantage of

Jive Turkey

Karen
On R2 waking up: I don't think it was a coincidence. Seems obvious that he received some sort of force message from Luke to wake up and reveal his location. Luke would've sensed Rey's powers awakening and it was his way of summoning her.

C3PO telling R2 "I've missed you, old friend" got me right in the goddamn feels too

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Who else got a hard dick from this scene?

star-wars.jpg
Meh. I think the whole starkiller base story line was the worst part of the movie was too much like ANH/ROTJ. Frankly getting tired of round super weapons as the plot point and I think thats partly why ESB was so good, it focused more on characters and the story than big mcguffins that dominated the plot. Also would like to see a real fleet battle.

I really didnt like how it seems the resistance has a total of 15 x-wings and that's it.

Also what happened to the Star Destroyer from the beginning of the movie? It should have been at SK base defending it instead of letting 10 xwings destroy a planet.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I got hard dick from that scene. Immediately went limp whenever Mace Dindu was back on tho.

spronk

FPS noob
the problem with a Luke coming in to save the day scene is I think they are going for a KOTOR style Jedi temple reveals hidden secrets thing, and Luke needs to have been stuck on that planet for 10 years or whatever to find it. If he jets off to save Rey and stuff, then they can't really do a Jedi Temple secrets plot.

I wonder where they are going to start the next movie off though, and how much Luke is going to be in it.

Also next Christmas is going to be Rogue One, which will be only about the time in between ANH and ESB when "many bothans died to steal [the death star] plans". So no jedi, maybe some Vader and Emperor. Its going to be weird, I'll keep an open mind but hard to see how it will be interesting.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I figured the smaller scale battle was intentional both because the Resistance was more akin to the Mission Impossible crew rather than the U.S. military. So it's them fighting against an evil madman bent on destroying the world and not a whole other country.

It also allows things to be more toned down. The prequel trilogy ended up with way too many things flying around at once and even Return of the Jedi was such a large battle as to feel impersonal. This was very much meant to fit with episode IV

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
the problem with a Luke coming in to save the day scene is I think they are going for a KOTOR style Jedi temple reveals hidden secrets thing, and Luke needs to have been stuck on that planet for 10 years or whatever to find it. If he jets off to save Rey and stuff, then they can't really do a Jedi Temple secrets plot.

I wonder where they are going to start the next movie off though, and how much Luke is going to be in it.

Also next Christmas is going to be Rogue One, which will be only about the time in between ANH and ESB when "many bothans died to steal [the death star] plans". So no jedi, maybe some Vader and Emperor. Its going to be weird, I'll keep an open mind but hard to see how it will be interesting.
Rogue One is set before ANH. The Bothans stole the plans for the second Death Star not the first. Also if you read the opening crawl of ANH, Rogue one is based off the first paragraph.

"It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR, an armored space
station with enough power
to destroy an entire planet."

Thats what Rogue one is about. So pre ANH

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
The entire arc of this trilogy will probably be about Kylo's redemption, turning from the dark side back to the light. Which makes Rey's role interesting, since she seems to be the main focus of at least the first movie. They are obviously the two "main" characters this time around, and I know about the rumors that they might be related.

They mentioned early on that Luke Skywalker had tried to revive the Jedi's and was training a new batch, but then one of them turned rogue. They don't mention who...the obvious choice would be Kylo, but wouldn't it be interesting if it was Rey, and then to protect what was left Luke had to memory wipe her or some shit and that is why she doesn't know anything about her past, yet is the most powerful of the padawans?

Maybe Snokes's actual strategy is to use Kylo to get to Rey, his true target.....would be like the Emperor using Vader to get to Luke.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
we get it shit head. it doesn't mean dick. Ren has still had far more training and experience with the force and lightsabers. it's a very weak cop out.
I think you have a valid point but to play devil's advocate, I think it made for a good delivery of how immature Ren is in the force and just how weak fighting with the wrong purpose and intent puts you had a disadvantage to the pure in heart. I think he was just solidifying the good vs evil undertone that when the good awakens that there's hope when there doesn't seem to be hope. If it would have happened any other way, the situation would have seemed hopeless.

Now, with that being said, in defense to your point, I would have been totally fine if some thing circumstantially would have happened to have saved Rey, Finn, etc. It would have probably made more logical sense if Kylo would have completely outclassed them and then something prevent Kylo from finishing them off. Maybe at that point Chewie or someone could have blasted him or a X-wing could have crashed to separate all of them, there's a number of things sure but the fact he was fairly wounded, emotionally out of control, taken by surprise by Rey's abilities, and the nod that Snoke even recognizes that his training is incomplete, hints that the playing field was even regardless of Rey's level of ability.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The entire arc of this trilogy will probably be about Kylo's redemption, turning from the dark side back to the light. Which makes Rey's role interesting, since she seems to be the main focus of at least the first movie. They are obviously the two "main" characters this time around, and I know about the rumors that they might be related.

They mentioned early on that Luke Skywalker had tried to revive the Jedi's and was training a new batch, but then one of them turned rogue. They don't mention who...the obvious choice would be Kylo, but wouldn't it be interesting if it was Rey, and then to protect what was left Luke had to memory wipe her or some shit and that is why she doesn't know anything about her past, yet is the most powerful of the padawans?

Maybe Snokes's actual strategy is to use Kylo to get to Rey, his true target.....would be like the Emperor using Vader to get to Luke.
They show her as a 6 year old being dropped off on Jakku, so no. Thats retarded.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
They show her as a 6 year old being dropped off on Jakku, so no. Thats retarded.
Technically not true. We see Rey having visions of being dropped on Jakku at a very young age, and we are told that her parents would come back for her. But this is a vision, we are not watching a flashback. It could be part of her mind wipe / brainwashing, so she would wait for imaginary parents coming back to get her on Jakku and never leave her hiding place. For all we know, she could have been on Jakku for only a few years when we see her, and the whole "abandonned as a child" stuff was all false memories.

The main argument I have going for this is that Rey and Kylo Ren seem to be about the same age, and we are explicitly told that "someone" went to the dark side and destroyed everything Luke had accomplished, implying all other apprentices were killed. I can't really see a 5 year old Kylo Ren doing that, so I'm going to assume his betrayal / corruption happened only a few years prior to the movie, when he was in his late teens / young adult years, which is also backed up by Snoke saying his training is still incomplete (if he had been corrupted for 20 years I'm pretty sure he'd be fully trained by now).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Posted Emergency Awesome's Non-Spoiler Review (waiting for his spoiler review) but Boogie has posted his. I probably feel very close to Boogie's review. I acknowledge all the flaws but the good out weighs the bad quite significantly in my opinion.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lucas could spend 10 years writing something worse than what they put together in less than 2.

Xevy

Log Wizard

I think I could also see merit in this being true. I was actually thinking it was Rey and Snoke was one of the other people being trained and he got fucked up by Rey, hence the cuts to his face in the hologram. I think they're both Solo twins and Rey was too powerful. Maybe she was defending herself when Snoke or whoever turned on her but went a bit too far and Luke shut it all down.

I want to really believe that Rey/Kylo are twins, but Leia not giving a fuck about Rey obviously puts a major hurt on that theory.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Rogue One is set before ANH. The Bothans stole the plans for the second Death Star not the first. Also if you read the opening crawl of ANH, Rogue one is based off the first paragraph.

"It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR, an armored space
station with enough power
to destroy an entire planet."

Thats what Rogue one is about. So pre ANH
What the fuck? Rogue One is seriously a quasi prequal to the originals?

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Posted Emergency Awesome's Non-Spoiler Review (waiting for his spoiler review) but Boogie has posted his. I probably feel very close to Boogie's review. I acknowledge all the flaws but the good out weighs the bad quite significantly in my opinion.
3:52 'my wife'
What, he has a wife? Wat?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah. On the bright side we'll prolly get to see Vader killing most of these guys:

Star_Wars_Rogue_One_101017.jpg

Maybe not Donnie Yen tho.