Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is that Kylo with R2 at 1:30? Possibly the flashback to Luke's Jedi Academy? That's my thought. Could be a lot of guessing from there.

From my first glance this looks...like a straight Empire mirror. I mean, is Finn fucking capture in some sort of stasis pod? Come on, man. It was fine with the first movie, but do something different for 8. AT AT's on a snow planet... a major family reveal (I'm assuming), mentor training on a remote planet,... too much similarity. Hope I'm wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Pretty sure that's Luke falling to his knees beside R2. I don't think that's a snow planet the walkers are on. It looks more like a salt flat. And Finn is probably in some sort of recovery chamber related to his injury. Rian Johnson teased Boyega about having a hard time saying the word "bio-hexacrypt" during filming so that might be what that chamber is called.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
From my first glance this looks...like a straight Empire mirror. I mean, is Finn fucking capture in some sort of stasis pod? Come on, man. It was fine with the first movie, but do something different for 8. AT AT's on a snow planet... a major family reveal (I'm assuming), mentor training on a remote planet,... too much similarity. Hope I'm wrong.

Training is on a sea planet, as opposed to swampy Dagobah, and with a master determined to bring an end to the Jedi philosophy, as opposed to Yoda who was a hardcore believer... salt flats with AT-AT vs unknown weird vehicles., not snow with snowspeeders, and we know nothing of the context of this battle... Finn is in a stasis pod because he was last seen in a fucking coma, and apparently this arc is still ongoing with Poe probably in charge of taking him somewhere but we see his X-Wing get blown up by Phasma's troops. Flashback to the destruction of Luke's academy, so that'll be explained some more.

Looks almost nothing like ESB, but at least you hoped you were wrong so I suppose you're happy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I believe this trailer is introducing the grey area between the dark and light. I think as long as the light side exists, there has to be a dark side. It's a universal balance in the force. It's possible this is touched upon and it's realized that there can't be an over-emphasis of either or the force will never be balance. Anakin may have originally been that balance but since the Jedi took him in, he unbalanced the force significantly to the light side and then went to the dark side and unbalanced it in the other direction. It's possible Luke and Snoke duel, kill each other off, and it just leaves Rey to kill Ren or convert him to the middle ground or the universe will never find balance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'd really like to see the Bendu show up in the live action movies. It's clear they are just going to move towards there being The Force and not really a dark or light side.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'd really like to see the Bendu show up in the live action movies. It's clear they are just going to move towards there being The Force and not really a dark or light side.
this, kind of. focusing on there being a dark, light, or grey side is selling where this is going short. we're going past all of that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think you guys are expecting way too much originality and innovation from a studio that essentially plagiarized themselves to make Ep 7.

• 1Like

Royal

... salt flats with AT-AT vs unknown weird vehicles., not snow with snowspeeders, and we know nothing of the context of this battle...

Well according to the rumor mill (so take it for what it is worth) ...

The attack using the walkers is on a secret mining operation that the Resistance relies on to bankroll itself. Visually there are some clear parallels to the attack on Hoth but whereas on the ice planet the rebels were just trying to hold off the Empire long enough to evacuate their base this battle, if the context is accurate, will probably more of a to-the-death type of affair if the mine is vital to the Resistance's existence. Some sort of fighters (a-wings, x-wings ??) beyond the skimmer speeders are supposed to get involved as well.

• 1Like

Royal

This is an example of a story that is a spoiler just by it's very existence.

The late Carrie Fisher will appear in 'Star Wars: Episode 9'

So Leia lives though Ep 8.. Well probably lives. I guess they could use old footage as either a flashback or some sort of holographic recording but it sounds like she will be there "in the flesh" impacting the story.

As a follow up to this ...

... it looks like Todd Fisher got ahead of himself; no Carrie Fisher in IX.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, ....Disney. Someone who took themselves out of the equation by going into hiding until their offspring shows backup to stir shit up again..... Think I seen this one before?
maxresdefault.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Hmm, ....Disney. Someone who took themselves out of the equation by going into hiding until their offspring shows backup to stir shit up again..... Think I seen this one before?

I'm not seeing the parallel there. Galen Erso took his family into hiding, in part, to protect them as much as to prevent himself from becoming a tool of the Empire's machinations because he knew that his family's safety would be used as leverage against him by Krennic to get what he wanted. And he didn't stay in exile until his daughter showed up. When hiding failed he took the trojan horse approach. His efforts coming to fruition got her pulled back into the mix, not the other way around.

The only thing we know about Luke's "exile" is that after his attempt to rebuild the Jedi Order failed he tried to go as far back to the order's source as he could to find out how it was originally built. Then after either some crisis of faith or perhaps because of what he found out, seems to have decided that the galaxy would be better off without the Jedi around at all. And we don't know if Rey is his daughter or indeed any sort of blood relation at all (I don't think she is).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
I really do like the "fuck the Jedi, fuck the Sith, this shit don't work" attitude Luke seems to be bringing. Took a few thousand years but someone finally figured it out.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really do like the "fuck the Jedi, fuck the Sith, this shit don't work" attitude Luke seems to be bringing. Took a few thousand years but someone finally figured it out.

It's like Luke turned into an edgier Jolee Bindo.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I hope star wars franchise crashes and burns. Fucking 40 years of nonstop bullshit money milking has got to stop.