Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's been a while since I read them as well, but I remember thrawn being the big bad in zahns 7-9?

He was, but from what I read (haven't actually watched) in Rebels he's obviously not the main villain, it's still the Emperor's Empire. Even in the new book Thrawn, he's still just essentially rising through the ranks as a commander in the Fleet.

Since I don't think you could recast the main characters and do Zahn's trilogy, any new/current movies to feature Thrawn would have to introduce/use him in another way, because he won't be the main antagonist with First Order/Snoke around.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Ahhh yeah gotcha. You meant in addition to abortions, I meant find a women whose womb was not a rotten toxic sludge. Lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hoping the Lucas Film writers burn their lips on their next cup of coffee.

The potential "Point of view" movies they could do with a character like Dash Rendar are infinite. You could set him in the original trilogy and not have a single original cast member and still tell a kick ass "ORIGINAL TRILOGY" feeling movie set in that time period. Or you could throw him in the immediate aftermath of the original, not show a SINGLE original cast member story, and still deliver a kick ass movie on the immediate aftermath of the Empire. Think political thriller.

Eventually as Royal sort of implied earlier, the whole candy ass space opera narrowness should "play itself out" and that's when we will start getting Star Wars movies that are kind of like normal movies and Lord and Miller will get an apology letter. I mean realistically, they can't sell the space opera forever. Anthology movies are already steering away from the space opera at this point.

I think Fett and the crimelords, assuming its greenlit, will show the potential. Brb going to spam Lucas Film writer's twitter re: Bautista = Dash Rendar.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm hoping the Lucas Film writers burn their lips on their next cup of coffee.

The potential "Point of view" movies they could do with a character like Dash Rendar are infinite. You could set him in the original trilogy and not have a single original cast member and still tell a kick ass "ORIGINAL TRILOGY" feeling movie set in that time period. Or you could throw him in the immediate aftermath of the original, not show a SINGLE original cast member story, and still deliver a kick ass movie on the immediate aftermath of the Empire. Think political thriller.

Eventually as Royal sort of implied earlier, the whole candy ass space opera narrowness should "play itself out" and that's when we will start getting Star Wars movies that are kind of like normal movies and Lord and Miller will get an apology letter. I mean realistically, they can't sell the space opera forever. Anthology movies are already steering away from the space opera at this point.

I think Fett and the crimelords, assuming its greenlit, will show the potential. Brb going to spam Lucas Film writer's twitter re: Bautista = Dash Rendar.

But that would make good movies, and require imagination and creativity. And thats not happening. Have you seen a movie recently? The vast majority of them are garbage.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So they are so happy with how Ep VIII turned out they have commissioned a whole new Trilogy from Rian Johnson independent of the Skywalker legacy. Interesting...

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
So they are so happy with how Ep VIII turned out they have commissioned a whole new Trilogy from Rian Johnson independent of the Skywalker legacy. Interesting...
Disney has signed a deal with Rian Johnson to develop "a brand new 'Star Wars' trilogy" says Bob Iger, presumably coming after 2020. Whoa!

— Ben Fritz (@benfritz) November 9, 2017

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Please do a sith trilogy or one with Darth Revan. Anything to do with the origin of the Sith.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Apart from the Skywalker saga and "will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored" according to the announcement. "

"He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.” - Kathleen Kennedy. So it sounds like this is going to be something that isn't drawn from any sort of existing source material.

I do wonder if this was already in the works when they let Trevorrow go and asked him to do IX and the reason he turned it down is because he was already looking at a roughly 10 year commitment to Star Wars as it was or if this came out of that offer.

They've also announced that they're planning a live-action series on Disney's new streaming service when they get that up and running.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
i look forward to torrenting that because fuck all these streaming services

• 1Solidarity

Royal

He's not the walking photo album that Ron Howard is but he's been a pretty good sport on social media this whole time.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Mid budget tv series please. Drive down cost by making it a basic 60 min drama. Main story involves two siblings. One is in the rebel version of boot camp and other in the First Order. Story follows the siblings becoming squad leaders and facing off in subsequent seasons.

You can make up a thousand different stories and angles from that point. Like the First Order sibling turning good or shows a manifestation of the force. Make them 10 episode mini seasons. Add and kill off characters to keep salary costs managable. Use cameos, reference old characters, or introduce expanded universe characters to spike interest. Collect the profit and thank me later.

• 3Barf

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Mid budget tv series please. Drive down cost by making it a basic 60 min drama. Main story involves two siblings. One is in the rebel version of boot camp and other in the First Order. Story follows the siblings becoming squad leaders and facing off in subsequent seasons.

You can make up a thousand different stories and angles from that point. Like the First Order sibling turning good or shows a manifestation of the force. Make them 10 episode mini seasons. Add and kill off characters to keep salary costs managable. Use cameos, reference old characters, or introduce expanded universe characters to spike interest. Collect the profit and thank me later.

I am sure they will as soon as Disney streaming is somewhat functional and they can dangle Star Wars to make people sign up for it. They already said they will do separate Marvel TV series for their streaming, though continue the ones running on and developed with Netflix. Though I doubt they'll want to split the Star Wars (non-animation) TV with Netflix & Co the way they split the Marvel TV dollars. It's arguably their main trump card to lure over people to yet another streaming, which will probably have little beyond Star Wars TV that isn't Beauty-and-the-Beast-the-28-season-series.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fuck.....RLM was right...this will never end

Last edited:
  • 3Worf

Royal

Was there anyone who actually thought after Disney paid $4B for Lucasfilm they would knock out a few Star Wars movies then move on?

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

The most likely direction they'll take for a series at this point is probably going to be the Underworld series that Lucas had done some pre-production work on but abandoned before selling the company to Disney. Reportedly they had scripted over 50 episodes before coming to the realization that it wasn't financially feasible to do a live action TV series with the production value in it that he would have wanted. Some of those ideas were used in the Star Wars 1313 game that was in development that Disney pulled the plug on when they shut down LucasArts and some have been used in the two animated series, and by extension some of the new movies, as well. For example Saw Garrera was originally an Underworld character.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ummm yeah when Disney bought Lucas I knew that, barring a string of epic failures, Star Wars was gonna be around for the rest of my life. I mean they keep bringing back the Muppets even though they haven't been reliably funny in years and don't even get me started on the souless lack of entertainment value from Mickey Mouse himself

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I certainly knew a $4B deal would mean endless Star Wars, who didn't. That said, if they ever reach or even come close to the level of entertainment the MCU is providing, that's when I'll be impressed. Until then... hold on I have to go take a huge piss.

Number one.....

• 1Worf