Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
There are a few people saying that a move of release date is still on the table. That they are seriously gunning for the May release but are still willing to move it if they end up having to. That may be why the marketing for this hasn't made so much as a peep yet. The only thing they've put out is the logo poster when they announced what it would be called. It's a rapidly closing window though. If we don't see something in say the next 3 weeks then they're probably moving it.

Last edited:

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
What was the line near the end. "We can't destroy what we hate, we need to save what we love." God I just want to drive a fucking Panzer over these SJW faggots.

I saw this on Christmas Eve at a Dolby Cinema and there was about 15 other people in the theater. What a disgusting shit show.

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Shouldn't there at least be a teaser trailer out at this point for this Han Solo movie? I think the fact that there isn't probably says something. I would imagine they would have wanted to run it in front of TLJ.

Hopefully they learn a lesson from this impending disaster and give us what the fans really want to see: a General Grievous biopic.

Ahahahaha, every time I read Grievous I hear Mike from RLM saying "Grievance." Cracks my shit up. Something about his delivery just gets me. I watched all three of the RLM prequel thingers instead of going to see this shit-pile. I probably came out ahead of most of you poor schmucks. Definitely ahead of the tards who went back to "give it a second chance." Fuck's sake, people.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Saw it yesterday, and went into it with about as low of expectations as I possibly convince myself in having.

It was ok, but just a jumbled mess with a continual overt brow beating that men are responsible for all of the problems in the universe, bubbling fools, and are not capable of leadership. Only Womyn should be in charge.

It was an average movie at best.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
RLM's take wasn't actually an option when the prequels came out.

What's that have to do with my post? I offered an(my) alternative to throwing money at Disney-Lucasfilm for shitting out girl-power legacy-raping turds. The analogue for back then would be... I dunno, watch EP4-6 instead of going to see Ep 2 or 3? I'll give everyone a pass for getting duped by Ep1, the trailer w/ Duel of the Fates was enough to sell most anyone, and the empty feeling setting in had a slow burn, I was certainly one of them.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally saw this.

I am sad that so much potential is wasted. Some of the scenes were fantastic but the story, the acting, the Game of Thrones number of characters, and the pacing just all felt off. I will list a number of problems I had with this movie. I am sure I am repeating a lot of what has been said.

1. The blatant advertising gimmick towards children was awful. It screamed at the audience in this movie. While I do not mind that perhaps young children watch this movie, gearing it to them is sad. The movie is about war and death. These things should be moderated in young children not encouraged.

2. The force is REALLY GODDAMN STRONG with Princess Leia. Having the ability to stave off the effects of breathing and the cold of space is pretty damn incredible.

3. Why do I care about half of the characters in these movies? I feel like I am watching a jigsaw puzzle slowly coming together but none of the pieces really connect.

4. Warp drive as a weapon????? Why was this never a plan before??? That would make a fantastic weapon that would not cost all that much to build.
A. Sir the Fleet has just warped into our sector.
B. Bring the Warp Drive Asteroid online and fire when they are all neatly lined up.

5. We all work together as a happy rebellion but nobody can trust each other with the plans??

6. I was kind of disappointed at how easily the big bad evil zombie was killed. It was poetic I suppose but not noticing the light saber move next to your body despite being attuned to pretty much everything around you seemed a stretch.

7. I think I understand why the rebellion abandoned the base on that planet. Who designed a base with one way in??? If the shields go down, you kind of need to escape. The big metal door does nothing if they just shoot the roof. The base would just cave in.

8. You would think that after all this time, that the Empire would learn from losing two small moon sized ships that having a good defense against a few fighters might be a strong plan. Having one fighter manage to neutralize an entire short range defense system is a concern. Maybe shields?? Short range burst shots? Something that would just take a fighter out. Hell, what the fuck were the other cruisers doing?

That is just some of the things that bugged me. The effects were awesome and the battle sequences(Even the warp drive one), were fun to watch.

Oh well...

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
2017-12-27.png

• 16Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Jive Turkey

Karen

I think this is where a lot of us who have mixed feelings about the movie understand the ones who hate it. I agree with pretty much everything in this post. The movie might sort of succeed in some respects on it's own as a singular movie, but it kinda shits all over the universe for the sake of "Ha! Bet you didn't think we'd do that!". It doesn't even respect the movie immediately preceding it, never mind the OT

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
What was the line near the end. "We can't destroy what we hate, we need to save what we love." God I just want to drive a fucking Panzer over these SJW faggots.

I saw this on Christmas Eve at a Dolby Cinema and there was about 15 other people in the theater. What a disgusting shit show.

ngBsKdk.jpg

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man fuck this gay movie

The Darth Plagueis = Jar Jar was the most retarded Star Wars idea I'd ever read... then I watched this film and wished Jar Jar was in it.

Oh my god think I agree.

Just saw this movie today and given the utter stupidity of the resistance.Tthe end state of almost being wiped out to last the woman accept for the intervention of Luke and Rey seems inevitable. Jar Jar would have given these imbeciles some sound advice.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Thats one of the things I love about movies and TV, there is literally no way to know until the finished product is in front of you. All us armchair movie execs love to think that we could tell a great movie just from the script but I'm pretty sure thats not true. Many brilliant movies have had absolutely miserable productions -- Titanic famously went massively over budget, had tons of reshoots, had to have a second studio step in to help get it distributed, etc, etc and is considered a pretty great movie. Same with Godfather, Goodfellas, Platoon, Blade Runner, and a ton of other top 100 movies. Of course on the flip side movies like Suicide Squad, Alien Covenant, Flatliners, Justice League, etc had rewrites and reshoots and director problems and turned out to be terrible movies so who knows.

I'm excited for Solo, its either going to be awesome or a complete trainwreck, I don't see it just being "... meh" like TLJ with people like Ron Howard involved and the rumors that the script was the best star wars story script to date, that L&M got fired because they didn't stick to the script, that the lead actor is both awesome and the worst actor ever, on and on.

If you look at the last 10 years of films that Ron Howard directed, they basically all bombed.

This movie is gonna suck harder than a Sarlacc Pit

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
He's only done 3 movies really in the last few years - Rush (did ok, great movie), Heart of the Sea (bombed), Inferno (broke even). He's spent most of his time on two TV shows, Parenthood which he created and did 100 episodes which I assume is successful, and Curious George for kids, and has done a couple of documentary TV shows for National Geographic.

Just looked him up and interestingly he's listed as the director/EP for Seveneves, which is the post-apocalyptic book written by Neal Stephenson (Diamond Age, Snow Crash, etc). Didn't know they were making it into a movie.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He's only done 3 movies really in the last few years - Rush (did ok, great movie), Heart of the Sea (bombed), Inferno (broke even). He's spent most of his time on two TV shows, Parenthood which he created and did 100 episodes which I assume is successful, and Curious George for kids, and has done a couple of documentary TV shows for National Geographic.

Just looked him up and interestingly he's listed as the director/EP for Seveneves, which is the post-apocalyptic book written by Neal Stephenson (Diamond Age, Snow Crash, etc). Didn't know they were making it into a movie.

Dont forget 2011's The Dilemma - Wikipedia which is currently rocking a solid 24% on RT or 2009's Angels & Demons (film) - Wikipedia which currently has a 37% on RT, just a few points below Justice League.

Also, 2016's "Inferno" didnt just "break even" - it bombed with the critics netting a 22% on RT with 227 reviews counted.

You're not getting the Apollo 13 or Beautiful Mind Ron Howard. You're getting the Da Vinci Code Ron Howard

The Han Solo movie will be basically Fonzie in Space.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Rush was an excellent movie and I don't give 2 shits about F1. That's not to say that the Solo movie isn't going to be shitty, because there's a a pretty good chance it will, but Howard is at least credible.

• 4Solidarity

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I don't care that The Last Jedi lacks the Star Wars spirit or whatever. It's just a shitty movie. That's why I'm puzzled by the critical reception.

• 3Solidarity