Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would rather have had new actors playing the old characters than the old actors playing new characters...

Well put, at least the second half. But new actors for Luke/Leia/Han would be shitty in its own way. They're iconic.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's funny is that no one wanted to give him money for Red Tails. His ass is still chapped over that.

and ironically, Red Tails fucking sucked. The Tuskeegee Airmen had a better cast, told a better story, and was just a better movie in every possible way despite being a made for TV HBO production with a far smaller budget. And what made Red Tails fucking suck was a lot of pointless garbage that I'm no longer surprised was shoved into the movie now that I know George Lucas was involved.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Your Stars Wars franchise must really be in a bad shape when you'd wish Lucas to come back and "save" your production. He couldn't even save himself during prequels.

From a directing and (prequel) story perspective, he's a disaster. But I think he knows the characters better than anyone. This would be a good move considering the damage Ruin Johnson did

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You wont catch me dead in the theater for this after the last one

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I was so thrilled when the deal was made with selling the rights to Disney.

Sweet, They'll be making a new Star Wars movie every year of so, the main arc, plus expanding the Star Wars 'universe' in other side films, that's awesome!! . . . . and now, my enthusiasm is just flat lined.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I do think that with proper marketing, and a master stroke by Abrams, they will be able to figure this out.

Obviously ep 8 was an unmitigated disaster, but i think there are salvageable elements. Did Luke actually die? It seemed like it, but if the force can save you from the vacuum of space, anything is possible.

They can then maybe give some insight into Kylo's decisions in order to tidy up some of Johnsons terrible ideas. Make Rey more likeable somehow, and greatly limit Finns screentime.

Everyone will have their own ideas and opinions, but Star Wars isnt dead yet. Once Disney starts to infuse that marketing into products etc and the ads go into overdrive people are going to go watch it.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Star Wars isnt dead yet.

If I cared I would make a meme with Detective Mills (Star Wars Fans) asking John Doe (Kathleen Kennedy) what's in the fucking box (Episode IX).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I also think Ep IX could be salvageable, with a LOT of work put into it by a brilliant filmmaker.

Base it mostly around the Knights of Ren: many flash backs to Kylo and Luke training so that he gets plenty of screentime and we actually see Luke being a badass. Fill in the info on what all went down at the temple, Snoke corrupting Kylo, and how the Knights went their own ways.

Present day story based around the tattered scraps of the rebellion splitting up and finding these lost knights and either convincing them to join the cause against Kylo or defeating them and absorbing their army/influence/resources into the rebellion. This gives Rey a chance to actually be challenged and to have to fight for survival and overcome obstacles/learn lessons, etc.

The endgame sees Rey, Finn, Poe, etc. plus a couple Knights that they swayed to their side vs. Kylo and the full might of the first order armies. Nice climactic battle, roll credits.

Then fucking retire the present day plotline and let Benioff and Weiss reboot the property with a fucking sweet-ass Old Republic series (maybe Darth Bane and the founding of the rule of two), and then some years down the road reboot the current timeline stuff with the Yuuzhan Vong or Darth Krayt, or something... just all new actors please.

None of this will happen though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I would rather have had new actors playing the old characters than the old actors playing new characters...

Tell that to Solo.
I was so thrilled when the deal was made with selling the rights to Disney.

Sweet, They'll be making a new Star Wars movie every year of so, the main arc, plus expanding the Star Wars 'universe' in other side films, that's awesome!! . . . . and now, my enthusiasm is just flat lined.

That's because Star Wars has Kathleen Kennedy and Marvel has Feige. Everyone was excited because of how well the MCU was going, but they didn't have a competent fanboy like Feige running Star Wars.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They need to have Rey and Kyle flip sides and with Kylo sacrificing himself to stop a Rey gone mad with power after she destroys both the rebellion and the bad guy rebellion.

Nah, that would suck too. This movie is fucking doomed.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The movie is beyond salvaging. Ruined Johnson completely destroyed any possibility of a good movie for Epi 9.
Or they retcon a ton of shit (nearly impossible) or it will end in misery.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Isn't Solo the least shitty of the current movie ? I was tempted to see it (well torrent it rather...) because it was said to be bearable.
Solo is fine even if in a lot of ways the movie would probably have been better if it had just been a heist movie set in Star Wars without Han and Chewie. Not really the actor's fault or anything, they just tried to cram every little known thing about Han's backstory into a 2 hour movie.

• 2Barf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Solo is fine even if in a lot of ways the movie would probably have been better if it had just been a heist movie set in Star Wars without Han and Chewie. Not really the actor's fault or anything, they just tried to cram every little known thing about Han's backstory into a 2 hour movie.
this is true, its a solid movie except for the fact its about Han Solo. a Han Solo movie where the worst part of it is that its about Han Solo might tell someone the film is garbage and i would completely understand if someone felt that way. still its a lot of fun, the actor playing Solo is fine. the action is great, lando is fine and the "female" robo is pretty cool. Dany (emilia clarke) sucks as usual though. i know people like her, but i find her insufferable.
its a 7 out of ten as Han Solo, it would be an 8.5 if it was abut a random pilot's adventures.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Isn't Solo the least shitty of the current movie ? I was tempted to see it (well torrent it rather...) because it was said to be bearable.

I actually liked Solo a lot. It *felt* like a Star Wars movie, moreso than either of the last two numbered episodes and Rogue One.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They aint retcon shit. All leaks indicate nada.

No YouTube leaks either. Straight outta Pinewood Studios.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
You wont catch me dead in the theater for this after the last one
Are you going to cremate yourself or bury yourself in a vault out at sea?

Otherwise, I might just Weekend at Bernies you into the theater for the laffs.

• 1Worf