Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

iannis

Musty Nester
They are better made movies. They are undisputably more visually entertaining. You can't pin that on CGI advancements either.

Lucas didn't really want to make them and it shows. The story team really did want to make them, but didn't know what to do with them, and it also shows.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
In 2092, young filmmakers learning the craft will look back at Star Wars and be like,

Smeeks: "So, Rubo, you study for the Film History final we got tomorrow?"
Rubo: "Yeah Smeeks, it's about this really successful space franchise called Star Wars. Get this shit: back then, they would do trilogies without a master script"
Smeeks: "What the fuck?"
Rubo: "Yeah, they wrote the story ONE. FILM. AT. A. TIME"
Smeeks: "Whoah! What a bunch of cavemen"
Rubo: "Right??? Different Directors too!"
Smeeks: "How did people even enjoy movies back then?"
Rubo: "Right??? They couldn't do trilogies right much less branched sagas"

Chris

Potato del Grande
In what amounts to the most shocking twist in Star Wars history, Colin Trevorrow’s script for Episode IX was better than the version J.J. Abrams gave us—on paper, at least. A breakdown of the script, co-written by Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, appeared on Reddit overnight at r/StarWarsLeaks, which has a surprisingly sound track record with regard to, well, Star Wars leaks. (Major plot points from The Rise Of Skywalker, along with a pair of screenshots from the film’s climax, appeared in the subreddit months prior to its release.) While neither Disney nor Trevorrow have commented on the leak, we’ve spoken with another source who was able to independently confirm the legitimacy of the Trevorrow-Connolly script.

According to the breakdown, which originates on YouTube, Trevorrow’s Episode IX was titled Duel Of The Fates (actually a very good title!) and his last draft was written in December 2016, about a week before the passing of Carrie Fisher. Though certain plot points could have changed during production or through reshoots, Trevorrow and Connolly’s story seems far more compelling than The Rise Of Skywalker. In their version, Kelly Marie Tran’s Rose Tico is given a much larger role and spends a good portion of the film with Finn, C-3PO, and R2-D2 on a mission to light a beacon on Coruscant that will draw allies to assist the Resistance in their final battle against the First Order. Meanwhile, Rey, Poe, and Chewbacca head to a distant planet to find answers that may help Rey figure out what to do about this whole (gestures wildly) situation.

Yeah I saw the original YouTube video from Robert Meyer Burnett, Trevorrow's script sounds great.

Seems like they fired him because some other movie he made flopped, I heard that it was because of Rian Johnson fucking with his script but what was shown ties directly into The Last Jedi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
First of all that title is laughable. Second of all trying to tie into The Last Jedi is literally impossible unless you want to make the movie about shit, throwaway characters like Rose. Oh wait! That's what he was planning to do! Garbage.

What a joke

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
First of all that title is laughable. Second of all trying to tie into The Last Jedi is literally impossible unless you want to make the movie about shit, throwaway characters like Rose. Oh wait! That's what he was planning to do! Garbage.

What a joke
The Rose stuff sounded good, the opening is the gang infiltrating some ship yards and stealing a Star Destroyer while liberating slaves. Later on she gets tortured.

A good Last Jedi tie in is Luke haunting Kylo Ren as he delves deeper into the Dark Side, sounded like a dysfunctional buddy movie!

• 1Garbage

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Rose stuff sounded good, the opening is the gang infiltrating some ship yards and stealing a Star Destroyer while liberating slaves. Later on she gets tortured.

A good Last Jedi tie in is Luke haunting Kylo Ren as he delves deeper into the Dark Side, sounded like a dysfunctional buddy movie!

The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies of all time. Not just a bad Star Wars movie. A terrible movie in general. It was nonsensical, had idiotic characters on moronic, meaningless side quests and more wasted screen time than I think I've ever witnessed in a movie. Which is incredible considering the source material and world built for that franchise. Oh, look, Rose is going to liberate more slaves, except this time they aren't space horses and are actual humans?

And now Luke is apparently Casper the Unfriendly ghost? Goddamn...

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies of all time. Not just a bad Star Wars movie. A terrible movie in general. It was nonsensical, had idiotic characters on moronic, meaningless side quests and more wasted screen time than I think I've ever witnessed in a movie. Which is incredible considering the source material and world built for that franchise. Oh, look, Rose is going to liberate more slaves, except this time they aren't space horses and are actual humans?

And now Luke is apparently Casper the Unfriendly ghost? Goddamn...

Agree 100%

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Should have just gone full woke and made a movie about old institutional power white man (Palpy) force groping chicks and mind fucking them into BJs for seats on the Imperial Senate.

Isn’t the movie we were really clamoring for?

#allwomenbelieve

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all they had to do was make snoke and luke reappear. some mumbo jumbo about the force being hinged on always having a focal point of light and dark . then give ma-rey sue and darth emo some story where they become the two focal points and end it with them becoming like Atlas always existing to keep the force balanced. it wouldnt be great, but it works. everyone wins

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hope Disney buys Star Trek so we can get some dank universe mixing. I'd like to see Lukeutis of Borg go at it against the Empire and Que3P0 screwing with things just for the lols...like having all the Stormtroopers be Yodinians without forcepower but still with bad aim and bad grammar.

And then all the nerds would argue who has the fastest lightspeed and such and is Spock really force sensitive? Is Rey actually Kirk's daughter? The story lines would keep you all busy for decades to come.

• 2Like
  • 1Popcorn
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I hope Disney buys Star Trek so we can get some dank universe mixing. I'd like to see Lukeutis of Borg go at it against the Empire and Que3P0 screwing with things just for the lols...like having all the Stormtroopers be Yodinians without forcepower but still with bad aim and bad grammar.

And then all the nerds would argue who has the fastest lightspeed and such and is Spock really force sensitive? Is Rey actually Kirk's daughter? The story lines would keep you all busy for decades to come.
giphy.gif

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The Rose/finn stuff sounded like another dumb sidequest. Yeah stealing a Star Destroyer sounds cool (if really improbable unless the slaves they were liberating had a lot of skills hiding), but "lighting a beacon on Coruscant to get others to help the Resistance" sounds weird. Is it a transmission that will signal to all that they need help? Hidden allies that were missing during TLJ? Some amazing lighthouse signal that somehow signals the whole galaxy from Coruscant?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The funny thing is that the Trevorrow script, as awful as it is, probably would have done better financially because it would have appeased TLJ fans.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I didn't see this till last weekend. Last night I thought back to a comment I read before I saw the movie and realized they had changed the entire trilogy of trilogies to be the story of palpatine. And my mind was blown. The original 3 were about luke and we were told by lucas that it was really a story of the redemption of anakin. We saw that when the prequels came out and we got the rest of the picture. Up until this last movie, I was seeing the new trilogy as being about the legacy of anakin.

I just hope in movies going forward they don't keep digging up palpatine like they did in the EU books.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The funny thing is that the Trevorrow script, as awful as it is, probably would have done better financially because it would have appeased TLJ fans.

Still think you would have had all the people like many of us in this thread that avoided Solo and TROS like the plague after TLJ cause the biggest dropoff. That's why TLJ didn't have the legs that TFA did, and that's why Solo and Rise both bombed to an even greater level.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Was Star Wars written as 6 or 9 movies originally? Because they told a whole story in the first 6 with birth of Anakin through his redemption. Luke had zero arc in 7-9, and the story was basically over in 6.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was Star Wars written as 6 or 9 movies originally? Because they told a whole story in the first 6 with birth of Anakin through his redemption. Luke had zero arc in 7-9, and the story was basically over in 6.

It was written as ONE movie originally.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
not long after the OT finished, Lucas in an interview talked about a set of films that would include the rise of Darth Vader. i never heard him talk about sequels to the films though. thats just disney starting up their money printing machine.

• 1Like