Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Caved in and ordered imax 3d tickets. Must be that eurofag cuck blood running through me. Feels bad, boys.
giphy.gif

• 19Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 19 users

Caliane

both are pretty stupid, but at least Maul had 2 pieces when he dropped down that million foot hole.
CompetentEverlastingBluefintuna-size_restricted.gif

Palps was disintegrated in blue fire and the death star exploded and the blue micorscopic embers were scattered out into space for eternity.
ShadowyNippyArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

7d3f04500329ab17c061d7b0e4ca9f60.gif
Blue explosion was him using Force Teleportation.

Sith Wizards.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My brain cannot compute the "I know this sucks, but I'm going to pay to go see it". Bruh? I'll watch this turd eventually. I finally watched Last Jedi when it hit Netflix, out of morbid curiosity, but there is no fucking way in hell I'm paying to see this in a theater, or even renting it. Now if you still like Star Wars and want to go see it, that's fine. I mean...there is something wrong with you, but wanting to see it at least jives with your tastes.

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

iannis

Musty Nester
My brain cannot compute the "I know this sucks, but I'm going to pay to go see it". Bruh? I'll watch this turd eventually. I finally watched Last Jedi when it hit Netflix, out of morbid curiosity, but there is no fucking way in hell I'm paying to see this in a theater, or even renting it. Now if you still like Star Wars and want to go see it, that's fine. I mean...there is something wrong with you, but wanting to see it at least jives with your tastes.

I don't guess this one will hit netflix because of Disney+. Maybe I'll torrent it, maybe not.

The thing with me is that I can't be assed to have to sit in a theater for this monstrosity. When I watch it I need to be able to pause it so I can go do something more fun, like washing the dishes, when it just gets too overbearingly bad.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't guess this one will hit netflix because of Disney+. Maybe I'll torrent it, maybe not.

The thing with me is that I can't be assed to have to sit in a theater for this monstrosity. When I watch it I need to be able to pause it so I can go do something more fun, like washing the dishes, when it just gets too overbearingly bad.
Last Jedi took me like 5 sessions to get through.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why are you forgetting we are talking JarJar Abrams here? Palpy simply used a portable transwarp beaming device to GTFO.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>

Having this issue with people IRL. They hated TLJ with a fiery passion. They are making fun of this shitshow coming up, yet they asked when we're going to see it? Why? Stop giving those fucking hacks money.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I bought the last jedi on amazon video when it first launched, watched it once, then deleted it from my library.

Group of friends are all excited to go see this next steaming pile, which makes no sense to me at all. We were discussing this over dinner last night. I asked how anyone is excited about this since the last 5 Star Wars movies have been complete garbage. My one buddy was like they will get it right this time! Ummm what? No, just no.

IMO Star Wars as a franchise ended with Return of the Jedi back in 1983.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man its too bad, JJ Abrams had a good name until the whole SW thing happened. He worked on the Fringe which was one of my favorite shows, then on Lost which was Ok till later seasons bofoonery, still a good show. Then the Star Trek movie he did was also OK, wtf happened with him and SW? this cannot be just him calling the shots here, im sure this is written by committee or some shit.

Sterling

El Presidente
Man its too bad, JJ Abrams had a good name until the whole SW thing happened. He worked on the Fringe which was one of my favorite shows, then on Lost which was Ok till later seasons bofoonery, still a good show. Then the Star Trek movie he did was also OK, wtf happened with him and SW? this cannot be just him calling the shots here, im sure this is written by committee or some shit.
I think Force Awakens gets shit on more than it deserves because of how bad Last Jedi was. If it had been a good movie, then people would have looked at Force Awakens as a decent introduction of new characters and all that. Last Jedi was so bad that it stains everything around it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think Force Awakens gets shit on more than it deserves because of how bad Last Jedi was. If it had been a good movie, then people would have looked at Force Awakens as a decent introduction of new characters and all that. Last Jedi was so bad that it stains everything around it.

Force Awakens got shit on for being a carbon copy of A New Hope and doing nothing new but making it look modern... while also making other elements of it worse. It was okay but it deserved the shit it got.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Force Awakens got shit on for being a carbon copy of A New Hope and doing nothing new but making it look modern... while also making other elements of it worse. It was okay but it deserved the shit it got.
No that's all reasonable, but then once Last Jedi came out and suddenly the new movies are worse then the prequels and all that shit. Which saying Force Awakens is worse then the prequels is some pants on head shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
HUh? those new star trek movies were infinitely better than the previous slew of star trek movies, at least IMO.

• 1Seriously?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what pissed me off was how Han dies, he gets hoodwinked by his own son for no reason. at least the scene they copied in the original star wars movie. OB1 knowingly sacrifices himself. plus it was boring and luke wasnt in it til the last second of the film.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Everyone in this thread and rotten tomatoes could rate it the greatest film of all time.

And I still wouldn't pay money to watch it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, but they were action/adventure movies and not a parable so purists were offended.
They were offensive on levels of basic movie making.

Writing Credits (WGA)

Roberto Orci...(written by) &
Alex Kurtzman...(written by)

Writing Credits (WGA)

Roberto Orci...(written by) &
Alex Kurtzman...(written by) &
Damon Lindelof...(written by)

Last one was ok because the usual suspects at Bad Robot weren't involved in writing it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They already did it with Peter Cushing so why not? I'd assume families have some kind of rights to prevent their likenesses from being used, but oh man the can of worms Hollywood could open with unfettered access.

tiny bit late to the party, but i read an article back when cushing showed up that a bunch of actors started adding clauses to their contracts specifically mentioning whether or not a studio could use their likeness after they died