Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
1.59 star(s) Rating: 1.59/5 37 Votes
Title: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, Lupita Nyong'o, Joonas Suotamo, Keri Russell, Billy Dee Williams

Release: 2019-12-18

Plot: The next installment in the franchise, and the conclusion of the new 'Star Wars' trilogy.

• 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Lets run a betting pool as to how many hundred pages this thread is going to get to.

"Taps roof of thread, you can fit a lot of autistic debate in this baby"

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can fit a lot of fertilizer into even the most sacred of franchises.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's hope they double down on destroying whatever those that worship the original trilogy want, I need that collective autistic pants shitting to sustain me.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This trash is going to make 50% of what episode 7 made.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
What kind of odds are there that this will be worse than The Last Jedi was?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It'd be really, really hard to hit Last Jedi levels of bad. Episode 9 won't be great, it likely won't even be good but it still won't hit the low of TLJ. That "should" be impossible.

• 1Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I'll watch it when it comes out on Netflix, or the Disney stream thing I guess if that ever actually happens.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider

J. J. Abrams interview said:
Asked if fan outcry would at all impact his vision for the upcoming film, Abrams was clear. “Not in the least,” he said, adding, “There’s a lot that I would like to say about it, but I feel like it’s a little early to be having the ‘Episode IX’ conversation … I will say that the story of Rey and Poe and Finn and Kylo Ren — and if you look, there are three men and one woman, to those that are complaining that there are too many women in ‘Star Wars’ — their story continues in a way that I couldn’t be more excited about and cannot wait for people to see.”

J.J. Abrams: ‘Star Wars’ Fans Who Didn’t Like ‘Last Jedi’ Are ‘Threatened’ By Women Characters — Exclusive

It can't possibly suck as much ass as TLJ, but I didn't think TFA was anything special either. Not getting any hopes up. But who knows, J. J. might make a good movie despite the odds being stacked against him.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
3Y6UdZd.png

Episode 9 is gonna suck

i will be there day 1

• 7Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 11 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am not going to see this unless Kennedy gets the boot or people come here telling us its a great movie.

• 10Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
J.J. Abrams: ‘Star Wars’ Fans Who Didn’t Like ‘Last Jedi’ Are ‘Threatened’ By Women Characters — Exclusive

It can't possibly suck as much ass as TLJ, but I didn't think TFA was anything special either. Not getting any hopes up. But who knows, J. J. might make a good movie despite the odds being stacked against him.
I had hope, but now i have none. Out of all the fucking complaints about the movie there were, the ONE he latches onto as the main complaint was that there were too many women?

Fucking movie will suck and all of these people are fucking retarded.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to be optimistic this is going to be on the safe but good side just because Disney has to get pretty serious about Star Wars. They've invested way too much with their parks, resorts, and cruise lines to let this fall on its face. Who knows, maybe they let this flop and bring a killer Obi Wan and BobFett standalone movies pick up some of the momentum and before they try another trilogy but this one needs to be good. I think you fan service this thing to death. I'd bring in anything and everything to recover what they can. You can't expect people to visit your "Star Wars Land" and stay in your Star Wars Resort and/or sail your Star Wars cruises if you put the series out of its misery. This has to be good to capitalize on their other investments.... so theres my foolish justifications. lol

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database