Star Wars: Visions

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Star Wars: Visions

Genre: Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-09-22

Overview: An anthology series of animated short films celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world's best anime creators.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i mean, at this point, star wars cannot get ANY worse.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i think it looks neat, i'm always up for something weird and different and Japanese rarely disappoint me. I don't understand what the fuck they are doing half the time, but its always entertaining

it is funny how finely calculated it is though. Bad Batch ended last week, and almost exactly 5 weeks later another new star wars thing drops. Then if it airs for 6-8 weeks, it'll be another 5 week delay until Book of Boba Fett starts. You can see the behind the scenes on how long they think most people will go without new content before unsubbing.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they purposefully launched disney+ without any original content knowing it wouldn't compete AT ALL with netflix, so that when they started releasing the disney+ shows someone could point to a graph and show shareholders how much better they are doing.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
i think it looks neat, i'm always up for something weird and different and Japanese rarely disappoint me. I don't understand what the fuck they are doing half the time, but its always entertaining

it is funny how finely calculated it is though. Bad Batch ended last week, and almost exactly 5 weeks later another new star wars thing drops. Then if it airs for 6-8 weeks, it'll be another 5 week delay until Book of Boba Fett starts. You can see the behind the scenes on how long they think most people will go without new content before unsubbing.

Movie studio has schedules and access to a calendar, incredible insight

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck planet is this, and how did I get here?
I like that the samurai jedi has to unsheath his lit lightsaber rather than turn it and then activate it. I expect this to be a lot of weeabo nonsense, but maybe it'll be... fun... you know that thing star wars used to be.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, Animatrix was definitely the second best Matrix movie. This could be good.

Kamikaze Douga - this is a weird one. They have no anime to their name, but they do tons of CG work. Like all the openings for JoJo, the Fire Emblem Awakening cut scenes, its a weird list

Geno Studio - Mostly a bunch of nobodies, maybe they are some of the same people who did Samurai Champloo? Every other title they worked on is serious weeb shit

Studio Colorido - More nobodies

Studio Trigger - The first notable studio, Kill la Kill (I recognized the Kill la Kill art style in the trailer) along with the more recent Gridman and Dynazenon.

Kinema Citrus - Rising of the Shield Hero was fantastic, don't recognize their other stuff.

Science Saru - I haven't watched it but Devilman Crybaby was apparently a fucking trip

Production IG - Been around forever with dozens of titles to their name, most notably Ghost in the Shell and the Evangelion movies.

We'll see how it turns out.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's a list of the english voice actors floating around, apparently Neil Patrick Harris is in one of them along with other recognizable names too.

spronk

FPS noob
entire season 1 is up on D+, gotten pretty good reviews

anime Star Wars, for those who don't know, done by japanese. 9 short-ish episodes

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first 4, pretty mixed bag. The Duel was by far the best of the first 4, a few of them were just kind of goofy. I couldn't get over how in "The Twins" they are fighting in space with absolutely no breathing gear on. I know its anime but come on.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Watched the first 4, pretty mixed bag. The Duel was by far the best of the first 4, a few of them were just kind of goofy. I couldn't get over how in "The Twins" they are fighting in space with absolutely no breathing gear on. I know its anime but come on.

"The Twins" was done by Studio Trigger. They are known for having kinda crazy over the top action that doesn't make sense like this. I enjoyed it a lot but I like Studio Trigger anime.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
These are all very fun interpretations and riffs on the concepts of Star Wars. The Village Bride feels like the most 'real' short out of the first 4 inasmuch as it feels like a story that could genuinely exist within the III to IV period.

Certainly the production values for all of them are through the roof.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
3 was hot garbage: over-explanation for everything, characters that made no sense (so the brother went along with everything enough that he was co-commander of a destroyer, but then at the last second just turns jedi?), the aforementioned ridiculousness of fighting and arguing in space, the over-the-top moon-sized lightsaber tearing through an entire destroyer except with pinpoint precision cuts through her accessory without slicing her in half, and I have no clue what period this was supposed to be set in (or was it supposed to be an alternate universe?). it was just stupid piled on top of stupid by a dragonball z fanfic writer whose only knowledge of star wars came from a youtube highlight reel.

the rest were fine. I liked episode 1 the most.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya 3 was the worst by far. 1 was basically a Kurosawa style which was awesome and fitting, since Lucas drew heavy inspiration from him

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
To my total suprise, I really liked Lop and Ocho, which was apparently the furry one.
IMO
The Duel
Lop and Ocho
The Ninth Jedi
The Village Bride
The Elder
were all very strong, in that order descending.
The rest totally forgettable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Didn't realize how stacked the cast was for the English dub. Tons of well known actors.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database