StarCraft 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's fun going through the old story again, it's been so long, but man the game seems so bland compared to the SC2 campaigns, heh.

*edit*

oh jesus christ I forgot you actually have to stop and make saves since there's no checkpoint system. was right near the end of terran 7 and stopped paying attention to kerrigan. Now I have to do the whole goddamn thing again.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol a few bugs in the game. The Corsair is incorrectly tagged as needing a tribunal to be built, which means I have to beat Protoss X03 with only the 4 starting Corsairs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was pretty tedious without being able to build extra corsairs, took a lot more buildup of ground troops than it would have otherwise because I had to account for the possibility of losing shuttles, and protoss shuttle capacity is TERRIBLE.

Pretty sure the bug screws you out of corsairs on X07 too, but I don't think they're necessary there.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boy they really have a hard-on for buttfucking Vorazun in co-op. Abathur got hit pretty hard too but I think his mutalisk deathball is still unstoppable once you hit critical mass.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They split the difference with 500 health rocks on gas geysers but 1000 health rock blocking expo instead of a single 2000.

Alarak as a commander has low mobility and has air trouble early on before you build an upgraded wraithwalker deathball.

edit: actually looks as if some maps still have the 2000

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh god they started balancing co-op ? Vorazun is still the single most OP commander in the game, but others can have better synergy.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
they've been balancing co-op for quite some time. Vorazun took a double hit this time, I really have to say she isn't the best anymore. I think Artanis is the best now, and maybe Karax is better than her too. Bumping the cool-up on shadow guard to 4 minutes on top of rocking off gas separately is a pretty harsh 1-2 punch.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hosed most missions down with Artanis abilities and mass Tempest. Haven't looked back since max lvl.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I downloaded SC1 Mass Recall and played about 6 missions last night. It is fun, worth the time and effort to DL/Install it.

It has been more than 15 years since I played those missions and it is a weird feeling playing them again. Sometimes I remember the mission, others not so much. I must have played through Brood Wars 15+ times back in the day, but I think I only went through SC1 once or twice. I like that they added in a few minor quality of life tweaks, but upped the difficulty to account for it. It is still pretty easy, but probably balanced for most.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
IDK if Alarak makes newbies come back, but holding all the trains with lvl 3 Abathur isn't the easiest while your teammate runs his whole army into the outposts at the sides of the map, suiciding it in the process, repeatedly. Oh and he never even took the expo.

Malakriss

I was have a hard time getting any Normal/Hard games as a low level Alarak last night. Do even the newbs queue Brutal at level 1?

Malakriss

Ugh, got my Alarak up to 10 but just had a temple loss with a Swann who had shit D, couldn't clear his own expansion, and offered zero help for void thrashers. Never had any turrets for air hybrid or detection and they just walked right in and killed it while I was dealing with thrashers.

Malakriss

Dude, watching a video of the latest coop mutation "Vertigo" and omg F that, could not stand playing that way at all.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I was flipping at missile comand last week, rockets+nukes+purifier beams were a bitch to keep up with.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was flipping at missile comand last week, rockets+nukes+purifier beams were a bitch to keep up with.
I tried this one last night before it reset to this week's edition of bullshit, and the worst part was the defense drones going with all the nukes. I discovered that Wrathwalkers are immune to the point defense beam so they can take down those bitches easily, but there are still so many things going on.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Vertigo mutation this week made my head spin and I felt a bit sick. My partner and I completed Hard the first try and we both said we would never play it again. It was beyond awful. Fuck the guy who designed that shit.

Malakriss

Yeah the map itself isn't that difficult since you can take as long as you want, but the camera in itself is the worst ever.