StarCrawlers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
StarCrawlers | A New Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawlerwas a kickstarter I supported - and betas for backers are starting to go out, enjoyable (although a few completely broken parts ATM - definitely early beta) - in the vein of old school Eye of the Beholder/Dungeon Hack style games but SciFi and Rogue-like with a mission system that's theoretically unlimited.

It's definitely starting off seeming solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
StarCrawlers | A New Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawlerwas a kickstarter I supported - and betas for backers are starting to go out, enjoyable (although a few completely broken parts ATM - definitely early beta) - in the vein of old school Eye of the Beholder/Dungeon Hack style games but SciFi and Rogue-like with a mission system that's theoretically unlimited.

It's definitely starting off seeming solid.

Big bump :)

Game been out for a while I think, but just bought it during winter sale. Played it for a few hours. Like it so far.

You have a group of up to 4. Can hire mercs, but also got a companion from a quest (could also not have gotten it based on choice). Weapons, armor and shields for equipment as well as a hacking deck with abilities tied to it that also work outside of the hacking "minigame". Like if you have a hacking skill and encounter a door or system in a mission then you might get an option to do something you wouldn't have if not. Same with classes. I think there are 8, all different with different skillsets.

Combat is turn based. Skillpoint setup is similar to Borderlands. Movement and tile system is similar to Legend of Grimrock, while as stated above the maps are mission based and not one world. I think it contains one main story, but with the ability to do as many other missions as you want. After a mission you go back to the main town where you can enter the various shops, buy things, craft and such. Lots of factions and most missions either give or take from them. Nearly every mission also contains additional things you can do that lower\raise factions based on actions. Similar to Legend of Grimrock, the missions also all contain secrets.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users