Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy fuck someone needs to make a mod that adjusts companion affinity during conversation to match what they say. Doing Freestar Rangers questline is frustrating as fuck

NPC: Be polite to this guy so we get more info
Me: *am polite*
Companion disliked that
Companion: WTF WHY ARE YOU SUCH A FAN OF THEM?

NPC: Don't rile up shit!
Companion: You should listen to what he says
Me: I won't rile up shit
Companion disliked that
Companion: Wtf dude, how dare you not rile up shit

I'm about to use console commends to give myself rep so I can do their affinity quests then banish them to an outpost in the middle of nowhere.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That really would have been a lot of fun to have to manage just like the ship fuel stuff that you linked the other day. Really would have given some danger and gravity to the exploration component.

Makes sense that you would have your different suits for different types of planets.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So does every crew member you have or can recruit have a personal mission? Is it just constellation people?

I've been trying not to do anything that's going to spoil whatever within the game, but it seems like some of the random people I picked up will tell you stuff about their past and you can have them follow you, and it seems that might lead to a quest line or something.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So does every crew member you have or can recruit have a personal mission? Is it just constellation people?

I've been trying not to do anything that's going to spoil whatever within the game, but it seems like some of the random people I picked up will tell you stuff about their past and you can have them follow you, and it seems that might lead to a quest line or something.
There's only four companions with depth. Sam, Andreja, Sarah and Barret.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wooop.jpg

For some reason I saw this and then looked over at the two star in payloads and laughed. All these options suck. Where's the "how bout you and your daughter shut the fuck up option."

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 492838

For some reason I saw this and then looked over at the two star in payloads and laughed. All these options suck. Where's the "how bout you and your daughter shut the fuck up option."
Of all the reasons I'm interested in integration of LLMs like ChatGPT in games, I think being able to tell NPCs to get fucked is pretty high up there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The actress that voices Andreja looks like sarah morgan and vice versa. Cissy Jones and Emily O'Brien

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
The actress that voices Andreja looks like sarah morgan and vice versa. Cissy Jones and Emily O'Brien

Just to be clear, because the headline of the article isn't , the Sarah Voice actress is on the right looking like exactly Andreja and the Andreja Voice actress is on the Left, looking so much like Sarah. Also, the Andreja voice actress is American. Now I wish to reverse my choices. Sarah voice actress looks English AF though now that I know. Put her in Pride and Prejudice and I wouldn't know the difference.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't normally pay attention to these things, but I'm like 40 hours in, and couldn't help but notice that I have come across 20+ same sex relationships (including half the main companions), and absolutely 0 working hetero ones. They're all either widowed or divorced.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There's a trick someone found to get those inaccessible UC ships. Confirmed with a Raptor so far, which seems to be most of them. When one lands on a planet, don't enter it, fast travel somewhere that lets you rest for three max times 150 UT hours I think When you go back it's empty and available.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't normally pay attention to these things, but I'm like 40 hours in, and couldn't help but notice that I have come across 20+ same sex relationships (including half the main companions), and absolutely 0 working hetero ones. They're all either widowed or divorced.
Seems the future is fags. Definitely noticed this too.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Seems the future is fags. Definitely noticed this too.

A bunch of homosexuals who still have accents, fully ethnic looks, or my favorite still talk jive after hundreds of years of integration in a high tech advanced society. Says a lot about what progressives think are the long term value and integration ability of BISOC (black and indigenous spacers of color).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A bunch of homosexuals who still have accents, fully ethnic looks, or my favorite still talk jive after hundreds of years of integration in a high tech advanced society. Says a lot about what progressives think are the long term value and integration ability of BISOC (black and indigenous spacers of color).
That's one thing I liked about the Expanse. It takes place in a similar time period as Starfield, a few hundred years after colonization. In that time an entirely new culture of vulnerable people evolved with their own dialect, issues and history. It presents a more interesting and realistic look at the human condition, sasa ke?

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That's one thing I liked about the Expanse. It takes place in a similar time period as Starfield, a few hundred years after colonization. In that time an entirely new culture of vulnerable people evolved with their own dialect, issues and history. It presents a more interesting and realistic look at the human condition, sasa ke?
I think I prefer the Lost in Space vision of the future.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I did not like the ending at all.

Multiverses are always gay and way over used nowadays. Its the new time travel where it allows shitty writers to hand wave shitty writing and event things out their ass.
The entire mains story felt like one endless fetch quest. Go here get artifact. Ok no go get next artifact until the very end.
Being told Sarah becomes starborn herself if you exit Unity. You leave it and talk to her and she says shell be going soon enough regardless. Guess she doesnt really love you.
Overall id say this is pretty middle of the road, 5/10. The open ended generated worlds was a complete waste. Once you go to a dozen or so worlds you see everything there is to offer. And just like FO4, the base building mechanic was absolutely pointless, nothing more than a time sink for the ADD types. Companions where also schizos.

Show mercy to a thief that helped us? Sarah disliked that.
Blackmail a corrupt politician? Andreja disliked that.

I did like Walter though, guy was a solid bro who had no problems going full Collateral compared to Sarah who got hysterical, running away screaming "this is murder!".

Starfield 2023-09-21 01-40-02.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users