Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Calling shenanigans on Bethesda taking AMD $$$ to ditch dlss
The deal was announced over a week ago and the official statement from Bethesda on DLSS is still "no comment at this time." Only 3 of the last 12 AMD sponsored games have supported DLSS. So, it's an easy assumption to make.

Doesn't much matter to me, unless I buy a new GFX card before then; it's more of a look at another shitty business practice of AAA gaming.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The deal was announced over a week ago and the official statement from Bethesda on DLSS is still "no comment at this time." Only 3 of the last 12 AMD sponsored games have supported DLSS. So, it's an easy assumption to make.

Doesn't much matter to me, unless I buy a new GFX card before then; it's more of a look at another shitty business practice of AAA gaming.

What's that list of amd sponsored games and which ones support dlss?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Seems like a wild move for a major game. What’s the market share look like for nvidia/amd these days.

edit: looks like it’s roughly 80/20 nvidia.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Here is a list of both AMD and Nvidia sponsored games (I counted both Uncharted and TLOU1 but they are old games getting ported, so possibly different rules). Edit: I also counted Halo, and shouldn't have, so 3/11, not counting WoW and Halo, or 1/11 not counting old games getting a port?

2023-07-08 02.34.01 www.techspot.com 04e3a823a00c.png

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

In oblivion i had a modded trophy room filled with thousands of gems. In Skyrim anytime more than a few hundred gems were present near the player the game would crash. I tried for hours to mod the gems model so it wouldn't crash but never could.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In an expansive universe where you can smuggle, steal and murder people the one thing that will not be tolerated is dead naming.

These people are delusional. What if I look like a man, talk like a man, but choose she pronoun. Do the NPCs just automatically know? Or will there be awkward incidents where I can choose exterminate dead namers? Doubtful but at least Id respect that decision.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
In an expansive universe where you can smuggle, steal and murder people the one thing that will not be tolerated is dead naming.

These people are delusional. What if I look like a man, talk like a man, but choose she pronoun. Do the NPCs just automatically know? Or will there be awkward incidents where I can choose exterminate dead namers? Doubtful but at least Id respect that decision.

Was this in response to something ? Or just a random rant out of nowhere ?

Oldbased

> Than U
I will never understand fags. I just assume they are terrified of pussy.
3 page splurge defending the needs of pronouns in a single player game has to be top fag though.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Here is a list of both AMD and Nvidia sponsored games (I counted both Uncharted and TLOU1 but they are old games getting ported, so possibly different rules). Edit: I also counted Halo, and shouldn't have, so 3/11, not counting WoW and Halo, or 1/11 not counting old games getting a port?

View attachment 481631
Back on track, Starfield was reportedly get a mod that will provide DLSS and XeSS support day 1 from a modder who has worked on and provided such mods in the past. In the same story, it was also reported that support for these is much easier to supply due to the wrapper-like nature of the implementation, so there shouldn't be any worries in that regard. It's a little sad that AMD feels like they have to pay money to keep their competitors off certain games, a more overt competitive practice but nVidia has been playing hardball for 20 years; they're cards have been better but they have also been doing shady shit behind the scenes forever as well. It sucks that AMD both feels the need to go this far and that they are going this far.

Super excited for this to come out; Tempering my expectations is going to be the biggest challenge of the wait to 8/30-31.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Is this the bear fucking thread? I forget.
I'd be proud of Bethesda if Starfisld had the character depth to have awkward lqbtq interactions. Typically the characters are too shallow for that and only have enough depth to move the plot forward.

Calling shenanigans on Bethesda taking AMD $$$ to ditch dlss

View attachment 481631
It's the Tuco joining Cybsled for an orgy in a single player tried to call someone out and fact check thread and got fucking rekt with facts thread.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's the Tuco joining Cybsled for an orgy in a single player tried to call someone out and fact check thread and got fucking rekt with facts thread.
I didn't call out anyone, brother!

We'll see if DLSS comes with Starfield. I was surprised that AMD is paying companies to not support features, but that list makes that clear. I might buy a PC for Starfield, but I guess if mods provide DLSS it won't matter to me since my Bethesda playthroughs are extremely modded.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I didn't call out anyone, brother!

We'll see if DLSS comes with Starfield. I was surprised that AMD is paying companies to not support features, but that list makes that clear. I might buy a PC for Starfield, but I guess if mods provide DLSS it won't matter to me since my Bethesda playthroughs are extremely modded.
I must have read it wrong. It appeared you were but it is hard to translate text into emotion and desire.