Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So what sort of character builds are you folks going with? Don't tell me you're all stealth snipers?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So what sort of character builds are you folks going with? Don't tell me you're all stealth snipers?

I need to be stealing lots of shit so some subtlety is necessary.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm level 20 playing on hard. Ever since finding my Lawgiver I've just used it. When I found it I had 550 rounds and am down to 300. It's effective at very far range and close quarter combat, it's very strong. My "build" is a couple points into ballistic weapons and one point into rifle. I'm funnelling points into pilot and research right now, no point in even boosting my on-ground combat until the game gets harder.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finished the game's central story. As with most Bethesda games the core story is no where near as good as some of the side stories.

I love that the CEO business guy Stroud is voiced by Armin Shimmerman (Quark from DS9) and the interaction between him and his wife is hilarious.

The NG+ is... interesting.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I’m purposely avoiding NG+ rush. I’ve heard some people say they regret doing it that way and it actually locks you out if some side stuff if you didn’t do it first time around

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I would love to try something like rockets + grenade launcher or something. But haven't seen anything like that.

And never been a fan of miniguns or melee in a shooter game.

I just do ballistics/energy weapons and use the best weapons I have. Rifles for far, shotguns/pistols for close.

Sneak shots when able, but they dont do much atm. Have to get the traits that make them do 4x dmg and higher dmg rifles.
I’m purposely avoiding NG+ rush. I’ve heard some people say they regret doing it that way and it actually locks you out if some side stuff if you didn’t do it first time around

Yeah i was tempted to rush and do it, but I was already 20 hours in, and really didn't want to have all my money, ships, gear reset for what sounds like minimal bonuses in NG+. I figure i will just advance story enough and not do the last quest line or such(sounds like it warns you before you start it and continue doing all the side quets. Since the latter is where all the fun actually is. Some fun/interesting side quests and a lot of them just pop on their own or random encounters/drops.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The NG+ is... interesting.

I think when it comes to ng+ people should probably spoiler themselves early, at least on the mechanic, not the story.

Collect powers ect, but i'd really not spend too much time on wealth building / ship building / base building until you look into what NG+ does and what NG++++++ ect does

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Damn, that's pathetic. I've played about 35 hours now and haven't come across a single storyline referencing anything LGBQT and this guy is absolutely losing his shit over an option in character creation.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Space combat felt a lot better when I realized what hitting the space bar did in combat heh.

That and I realized I didn't have to track the stupid ships with the small reticule to hit them. They just have to be in that bigger circle on the hud and the weapons will hit them automatically. This along with learning to keep fingers off W and D to leave the speed in the optimum area for maneuvering, made my space combat a lot better.

Cybsled

Damn, that's pathetic. I've played about 35 hours now and haven't come across a single storyline referencing anything LGBQT and this guy is absolutely losing his shit over an option in character creation

I came across one sorta - if you do the part time cop quest lines, one of them has you investigate a theft

Turns out the 2 men involved were engaged, but one of them supposedly cheated and the non-cheater dumped the other guy. So the alleged cheater reports a theft because he wants his engagement ring back and you eventually have to track down their ex-fiance. You have the option of taking the ring and returning it to the police to let them give to the guy who reported the theft or letting the courts handle it, letting the guy keep the ring, or you can take the ring and then tell the police it was a gift and not a theft and you can keep the ring and sell if for a few hundred creds lol

But there isn't anything "in your face" really or preachy. Even in the example I gave, it's just 2 miserable people

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
there's a couple "my husband" ect from males in dialogue but not much else. Surprising how much the company, which I'm sure has a bunch of blue hairs in it, has held back. had to have been a discussion and they obviously said let's stick with real world percentages, so out of 100 people you may run into a homo or two

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
lol hadn't encountered any bugs but now Walter Stroud won't start his part of the main quest chain, lol

• 1Worf

Caliane

basically unplayable on my system. freezes every 10seconds or so, even on potato settings.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Wow, this game actually runs like dogshit. I got renderer scale at 50%, FSR2, and nothing is on Ultra, only High. I can barely maintain above 100 fps at 3440x1440 when outdoors.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The performance is rather lackluster for the fidelity. 7700X3d and 4080 and most outdoor sections run around 60-70fps, dipping below 60 in areas that heavily use lights @ 1440p.

And thats on a place like Mars thats just rocks.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's definitely not winning any rewards for graphics. Not sure where all the power it uses goes honestly. Though they hold back on things like textures(vram usage), probably waiting for someone to mod it for free. Don't take me wrong, it can look gorgeous in some shots then just normal in others.

Imo turn a lot off. Especially that grain filter. For me it added nasty fuzziness to everything.

Also there is a mod that removes all the extra color filters that for some make the game look a lot crisper.

There is plenty of videos out there going over settings/benchmarks, and what is worth what.

Don't look at NPC eyes or mouth, especially the latter, the black teeth/mouth cavern is creepy. Because for some reason their engine cannot produce lighting inside the mouth.