Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cybsled

Basically what the longer reviews stated also. The side stuff like a science outpost/mining outpost are just the same layout or specific amount of tilesets just re-used

So typical BGS game. Fallout had the same deal: certain instanced building interiors were usually the same layout with cosmetic stuff to make it look slightly different

NMS does the same thing. It does kind of suck, but you’re going to expect that in procedurally generated content or “filler” PoI

Caliane

Sat through a couple of 20-30 minute reviews on this and no part of what I heard or saw was surprising. Bethesda is like Nintendo and they've just been rerolling the same game over and over for decades now it feels like. I have no doubt many will get hundreds of hours of it however and it will be very much worth the ticket price of free with game pass.

From one of the reviews:
same criticism of no mans sky, and daggerfall.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watched the Forces review where he seemed pumped about it. Then watched that guys review, and when he was going over stuff - It made me recall what Force was saying, and it put things into a lot better perspective. Force seemed to gloss over the negatives, or outright said that you needed to change the way you would typically play this companies games. Both, that and the space flight (or lack thereof) was what I assumed as soon as Todd Howard said there would be a 1000 planets. Never mind the inventory which has historically been garbage, as Tuco's example above with weight limit change for the engine. Im not a fan of this "Star Power" magic stuff or whatever that I didnt find out about till today. Having dragonborn powers arent bad, per say. Just wasnt what I was expecting. Would rather have cool gadgets over "this circle of ancients has granted you the power to slow down time!" The new lockpick system seems kind of cool, though. Always like that shit.

REGARDLESS - No reason not to play it when the standard comes out on Gamepass. But we all know this game will be a 1000 times better when the mod scene has slammed the shit out of it and half of you plebs wont be able to play it on your PC.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So typical BGS game. Fallout had the same deal: certain instanced building interiors were usually the same layout with cosmetic stuff to make it look slightly different

NMS does the same thing. It does kind of suck, but you’re going to expect that in procedurally generated content or “filler” PoI

I get both sides but yeah for me its no biggy. In games this size, I personally dont expect every single inside, outpost, building to be all hand designed and unique. Be cool sure, but would probably add years to any project. BG3 did a pretty good job on this, I don't remember any copy/paste off the top of my head, but it was only 3 acts and a lot of outside in the wilderness over world. In a game like this where I could just land on a planet(of supposedly hundreds) and find an outpost and expect every one to be unique and hand made is way beyond my expectations.

The 1000 planets seems just a PR phrase. That one review I watches, said some planets are just giant balls of gas or such, and you can't land in gas. So the planet seems to be there just to be there. But probably still counted in the PR phrase. Still based on the views I have seen, plenty systems to go to and explore. Curious if that guy who said 100% in about 120 hours was just blasting through the main story or was going to every planet, side quest etc.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Fucking hell, $70 for the base game in my neck of the woods... OK, I love Skyrim, and Fallout 4 was also decent. Love just being able to go out into the world and find my own adventure and shit. But I also have limited time now, compared to back in the day when those two were new and fresh. Maybe I should just wait til it goes on sale near Christmas.

Caliane

the main issue is we all know proc gen CAN be done well. you have games like Terraria, path of exile, and even minecraft nailing that shit. but then others just fucking suck at it.

if some game was able to use Path of exiles zone system to create dungeons, that should would be phenomenal.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking hell, $70 for the base game in my neck of the woods... OK, I love Skyrim, and Fallout 4 was also decent. Love just being able to go out into the world and find my own adventure and shit. But I also have limited time now, compared to back in the day when those two were new and fresh. Maybe I should just wait til it goes on sale near Christmas.

Just do game pass?

Though christmas would give you time to get mods for it. I would definitely want something to make inventory/weight management easier. A huge pet peeve of mine in these games. I hated BG3's too.

Last edited:

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
IGN USA Dropping clickbait, get the pitchforks!

IGN France gave a 9/10, IGN Brazil gave a 9.5/10, IGN Japan gave a 10/10, IGN Spain gave a 10/10

Perhaps not enough bear fucking for a modern US audience?

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Lol no clue who that was, so looked at previous videos. Literally entire history before that video is an extreme hardon for hating on CoD(which he probably bought and played because that is all his content) while wearing some dumbass mask. So i didn't bother watching it.
Why does a video library have anything to do with criticisms about the game the guy was reviewing? The dude made some real good points about why the game is just mid, particularly since the game is missing basic stuff "space" stuff that was even in No Man's Sky at launch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Why does a video library have anything to do with criticisms about the game the guy was reviewing? The dude made some real good points about why the game is just mid, particularly since the game is missing basic stuff "space" stuff that was even in No Man's Sky at launch.
what is with this particular thread with boomers trying to pick up made up zoomer language to use.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
what is with this particular thread with boomers trying to pick up made up zoomer language to use.
All language is made up.

awkward fedora GIF

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
fuckin' square, why don't you go back on a toot until you know your onions before you get Chicagoed

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
One thing for sure is the Starfield is nothing but loading screens.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's probably better reroll when cyberpunk dlc comes out.
Then play all the souls like new games.
Reroll bg3 again on mods or dlc.
Learn akuma when it releases on sf6.
Force play d4 season 4.
Knit abit.

Then start starfield better game mods...

• 1Like

Daidraco

I imagine modders will crack open the Procedural code/scripts and add a hell of a lot more flavor to them. They basically have a blank canvas to work with from what Ive seen on streams.

• 1Like