Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I pretty much empty every vendor of ammo but it never seems to be of the type I use more of.
Not really an issue since I have enough weapons I rotate through so I never actually run out, just seems strange to have a whole outpost / manufacturing system in the game that can't make more of the more consumable elements.
Yeah, I don't disagree there. It would make so much sense for ammo to be craftable through that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Or at least let outposts make ammo - would be nice to have some ammo factories up and running, esp at high difficulty levels where everything is a bullet sponge

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Or at least let outposts make ammo - would be nice to have some ammo factories up and running, esp at high difficulty levels where everything is a bullet sponge
Couldn't you make ammo in FO4, it's been ages since I played it, but I swear you could. I was thinking it was odd you couldn't do it in this game specifically with things like uranium and lead floating around. Maybe somebody will my mod that in. Can't imagine why somebody wouldn't but it is goofy it wasn't included in the game.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Couldn't you make ammo in FO4, it's been ages since I played it, but I swear you could. I was thinking it was odd you couldn't do it in this game specifically with things like uranium and lead floating around. Maybe somebody will my mod that in. Can't imagine why somebody wouldn't but it is goofy it wasn't included in the game.
I thought that was a mod or maybe a DLC in FO4? Not base game. Not that it's a valid excuse for Starfield not to have it.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I thought that was a mod or maybe a DLC in FO4? Not base game. Not that it's a valid excuse for Starfield not to have it.
Yeah I simply can't remember. I know I modded that game out when I played it and it's possible that it was just exactly that.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
StarUI definitely worth, been using for awhile now.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When making items to fulfill research requirements (make 10 new items etc.,) is there a way to determine if you have already made that tea or jerky before? It all looks the same to me..just don't want to keep on wasting mats on making the same crap 20 times and not getting any progress credit.
There is no way to track it. For the ship parts and base building ones that require 30 "different" items be made/outfitted, I used the long list of cheap shit (like furniture for outpost and structural for ships) and just started at the top. Every model counts as a new item made, so say there are 11 different chair models listed under chairs, use the left arrow to change model, place on the ground, left arrow, place on the ground, left arrow...etc...while placing them all in a circle around me until running out of room, then deconstruct everything and start from where you left off.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well Bethesda being Bethesda, I now have 5 quests that are somehow bugged.

One AC Vanguard quest where ship in space are not there.

One Freestar Rangers where I can’t run the Red Mile. I ran it a while back when I first visited the place. I think it conflicted with this.

Another one where I need to go to a ship on space and it’s not at the location the quest marker says it should be.

Another in New Atlantis where one NPC is as needed for 2 quests. I completed one but talking to him again just gives me the dialog for the completed quest and not the 2nd one.

Another in Neon where the person I need to turn in the quest is behind a locked door I cannot open.

This is a bit frustrating, especially the Freestar Ranger one since I can’t complete that faction.

Hopefully they patch this up soon.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
C
Well Bethesda being Bethesda, I now have 5 quests that are somehow bugged.

One AC Vanguard quest where ship in space are not there.

One Freestar Rangers where I can’t run the Red Mile. I ran it a while back when I first visited the place. I think it conflicted with this.

Another one where I need to go to a ship on space and it’s not at the location the quest marker says it should be.

Another in New Atlantis where one NPC is as needed for 2 quests. I completed one but talking to him again just gives me the dialog for the completed quest and not the 2nd one.

Another in Neon where the person I need to turn in the quest is behind a locked door I cannot open.

This is a bit frustrating, especially the Freestar Ranger one since I can’t complete that faction.

Hopefully they patch this up soon.
Could always use console commands to unlock the door for the one quest. I know it doesn't fix it, but it's a work around.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
C

Could always use console commands to unlock the door for the one quest. I know it doesn't fix it, but it's a work around.

Sadly I’m on Xbox so this isn’t an option, might have considered it otherwise.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I got a mission to survey Fundament but it's an asteroid that you can't land on. Still showing 0 of 100% I did a ship scan of it and it shows 100% but not the mission.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The nightmare is over. Uninstalled this piece of shit game after 15 hours of boredom. Never again.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This game sure is beautiful on my potater

Star1.jpg

Star2.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This thread made me think of how game development seems to have peaked or to have at best plateaued about 10-15 years ago depending on how you look at it. Look at how small teams of dedicated developers made some of the awesome games of the late 90s, early 2000s, and how sequels a few years later were better and better, until they stopped being better, they became in many ways worse. You could say that graphics got better, and in some ways that is true, but then you have to ask, what is the point of better graphics if you have less talented 3D artists (looking at those weird ass stare faces I've seen countless examples of in this thread here).

Stories have ceased to inspire, but become bland. UI clunky. We laugh at cut corners, such as ships with no "centre" being immune to enemy fire. The list goes on, and it's true for most games now (BG3 seems to have been an exception, though it has it's issues too).

We point to things such as diversity hires, outsourcing and such as the reason, yet that also only goes "so far". At some point there seems to have simple been made a decision - at least amongst a great many studios - to simply not really give a shit any more. They churn through a mix of god knows what, publish the junk, pay the gaming press to praise it, and hope enough people buy the product and don't bother to refund it to recoup the costs and maybe a bit more on the side. Creating a quality product that fans will love for decades seems to have left the industry, with the exception of a few small indy devs.

Or am I just old and jaded?

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not really. WoW and Halo for example were made by technical teams of under 40 people. The industry is just very very bloated as the market size of vidya rapidly grows.