StarForge (think Minecraft on a modern FPS engine!!)

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Can't believe there isn't a thread on this yet, I just heard of this title today but seems like the alpha has been available for awhile. For us fans of the Minecraft survival/crafting/building genre this looks like the ultimate game. Video below speaks for itself, I'm going to buy the alpha, I'll post my thoughts later.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That's pretty cool. I'll check in when it's gold. It doesn't look like there's much to it right now.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Was watching some videos on this. Looks awesome.

Definitely going to wait til it gets out of Alpha to put anything into it, though.

Saw a video where a guy was knocked off an orbiting ship and was falling through the atmosphere. Haven't been wowed like that by a game in a long time.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Steam kinda dropped the ball on that one, this "game" is as close to a scam as it can get while still being published on Steam. I had a good laugh at my brother who was dumb enough to buy into the alpha, lots of stuff you see in these trailers is not even close to being in the actual game.

And it pretty much hasn't been updated ever since, but they did ask for something around 30 dollars/euros i think, it's a pretty ridiculous thing overall.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno why I checked but I did and it turns out they did just update yesterday, but the update looks pretty barebones to me, and its a beta of an alpha build so yeah

I'm basically convinced this game will never reach completion at this point as well.

http://www.forgeforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4452

Update notes

Intropy

Shit Gamer
Even if this one is fucked, I'm really surprised no one else is making a game like this given the success of Minecraft.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Dude I thought the same thing when I saw it that you did.

"This is the obvious new Minecraft"

I fully dig where you're coming from.

I do have hope that Epic's Fortnite, if it ever releases, will be at least somewhat what we're looking for.

Minecraft always killed me because it never lived up to its potential. This seemed like Minecraft with a purpose and guns, I was stoked as hell too.

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
They are making progress, when I bought it months ago, all they had was a infinite plains mode. Nothing else, but the reason for that was they moved into a office and hired 3 more programmers. This update is pretty quick from the last few.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Dude I thought the same thing when I saw it that you did.

"This is the obvious new Minecraft"

I fully dig where you're coming from.

I do have hope that Epic's Fortnite, if it ever releases, will be at least somewhat what we're looking for.

Minecraft always killed me because it never lived up to its potential. This seemed like Minecraft with a purpose and guns, I was stoked as hell too.
Not much information out there and I might be remembering some of it wrong - but Fortnite I thought will be more like a shooter with base building than Minecraft with more survival. I believe I read the cycle is a 12 minute day where you run around and scavenge materials in buildings, come back to base, fortify and survive the night (ring of zombie waves kinda thing, with multiple zombie types such as diggers, destroyers etc...). The game sounds very fun but not like Minecraft as I originally thought. No real info/comment on this but from the way the devs described the game before I doubt it will be a sandbox/open world and there will likely be no digging/terraforming beyond what you can build.

They are making progress, when I bought it months ago, all they had was a infinite plains mode. Nothing else, but the reason for that was they moved into a office and hired 3 more programmers. This update is pretty quick from the last few.
Digging is not even in the game anymore is it? I think they have been unable to debug it enough to even bring it back to the Alpha build or that's what I read last time I checked the status.

Both games I am very excited about but neither is looking like a good minecraft successor right now.