Starmade - Minecraft in Space with ships

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So, a friend sent me a link to this trailer two nights ago. Started playing earlier tonight with two roommates. Hooked.

It's free for now, and still in Alpha. You explore space, make spaceships, space stations, take over planets. It's amazingly fun, and a testament to how far the minecraft concept can go.

http://star-made.org/

Rime

<Donor>
Holy cow do I wish the game looked that good. The Yogscast guys did a few videos on it a little over a month ago.

Certainly something to keep an eye on, but the last time I played, it was a buggy mess.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
GReat idea. IF the combat is tight I'd play it. If it's server-based like minecraft it'd be a great game to play together if we all started at the certain time.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Two roommates and I have a LAN server for it. Combat isn't great, but its acceptable. There's still a lot to be done with the game, hence Alpha.

It's a really nice twist on the Minecraft formula for those of us who have been addicted to MC, but aren't finding that "magic" anymore.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The Yogscast really brings you back down to earth compared to the trailer, but it's alpha. I'd like to see where this goes.

Troll_sl

shitlord
These space-based MC-types keep popping up, get hyped, then disappear down the tube before they even reach beta.

Not going to hold my breath.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Will be keeping an eye on this one. Looks like it might have potential.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just watched some videos on this. Had not heard of it before. Anyone still playing and can share some opinions? Will definitely check it out when I get home.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay that Yogcast video makes this look pretty baller. Flying space dicks to do battle with other flying space dicks? Sign me up.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
EVE meets Minecraft? Looks like those Yogscast videos are several months old so a lot could have changed. Looks pretty cool so far especially for Alpha.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Roommate still plays. The peak of my fun was making a flying Swastika that fired out lasers in the shape of a swastika.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Roommate still plays. The peak of my fun was making a flying Swastika that fired out lasers in the shape of a swastika.
To go along with your matching moon base no doubt...
rrr_img_59222.jpg

Which is fine, until these guys show up and shit gets real...