Station Changers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I was driving a bit this week and realized that there are some bands that I instantly change the station when they come on. Some of them have legitimate reasons and some don’t.

Tool/APC - talented sure but hate everything to do with them
U2 - no clue why but I would leave Bloody Sunday playing
Led Zeppelin - just can’t take how long and uninteresting the songs are in the car but like them while working
Coldplay - hate them
Rod Stewart - hate his sound
Metallica - I like them overall just not in the car

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Future and Lil Wayne usually have me changing stations.

I also hate really really old hip hop like Afrika Bambaata and Kurtis Blow.

Anyone with Sirius XM can probably figure out the channels I bounce between.

Goonsquad Officer
I kind of listen to a mix of mp3's when i'm driving, but some times i get in and turn on the radio, and the first commercial or song that's retarded i just turn it off and listen to mp3's and never turn it back on till next time it strikes me to.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beats- Hey jude.

I love the Beatles but i just can't stand that song it's so overplayed and ofc the chorus is beaten to death and drags on forever. The band with more good radio worthy songs then any in History and you hear like 10-12 on the radio...

I've been listening to "i've just seen a face" off Help! recently. I really like that song, nothing really like it in the Beatles catalog., or Music in general in 1964. I think the verse is the earliest use in a pop song of what i mentally call the "90s progression" or a variation of it. it seemed. Seemed a huge number of 90's classic songs use it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've been using custom-made playlists for many years now to avoid this very thing. I don't know how people can stand listening to things like the radio. I've tried using things like stations on spotify and the rest, and when I try to listen to one for a specific genre or something, half of the music doesn't belong on it. Variety is a problem without them, but if you put a little bit of effort in finding new music every week or so, you can get a big enough collection that you will never get bored of what random brings up.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I generally make my own playlists and stuff, usually hit shuffle and jsut let them play.

However in defense of radio. There is something satisfying and exciting about suddenly having a song you didn't think of, or hear recently played at the right moment.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Old: Aerosmith, The Who, AC/DC
New: Fallout Boy, anything that starts with Lil'

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I'm at the age where I could comfortably listen to a large catalog of shit I like and probably not get tired of it, but I do still enjoy discovering new things, or like someone else said re-discovering songs I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

I used to hate R&B in the 90's and the FM station I listened to was about 50/50 rap and R&B. I used to hate waiting on the R&B to be over so could hear the rap, but now I love it and it gives me a good nostalgia hit.

I also listen to metal as well and while I find most stuff past 2010 pretty boring, I do occasionally come across something that really kicks ass (Alien Weaponry!).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Tool/APC - talented sure but hate everything to do with them

i'm interested in why you hate them

loved them when i was younger, but now that i'm older i realize how seriously pretentious they are

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
i'm interested in why you hate them

loved them when i was younger, but now that i'm older i realize how seriously pretentious they are
Pretentious for starters, now don't get me wrong there is some serious talent there.

I feel that most of their songs are just emo whining disguised by a 12 minute intro, a 2 minute song, 7 minutes of bridge, and a 45 minute outro. Slap a super edgy title on it like "Hooker With a Penis" and then call it a day.

It really solidified as solid hate when I had to interact with the fans. You can't even call them Tool or APC fans but Keenan fans. Here is a typical conversation.

Fan: "Hey you like good music right? What do you think of the song Prison Sex by tool."
Me: "There is a lot of talent in the music which you can totally hear but it's not a song that I love but man they have a ton of talent."
Fan: "I HOPE YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL, KEENAN IS A FUCKING SAINT YOU PUSSY ASS PIECE OF SHIT"

That might be an almost verbatim reenactment of probably three times having that conversation. It turns a person off.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, fans are the worst thing about Tool and APC. they think that those two bands are the greatest bands in the world, basically gifts from god, but they've barely ever tried seeking out other music to compare it to their idol.

the fans are probably the biggest reason that i've turned off of Maynard bands since my teenage years. fucking insufferable lol.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maynard definitely makes me change the channel as well, I feel like once you've heard one Tool song you've heard them all.
Audioslave just makes me wish I was listening to RATM instead.
KISS is an instant switch.
Anything that is generic RnB pop singer, I can't even tell the difference between them anymore I swear it's just one person over the last 15 years.

Finally the only song that makes me want to pull into the opposing lane and floor it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Five Finger Death Punch is an instant station change for me, unless they're doing a cover (the only good songs of theirs are ones other people wrote)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"Closer" by Nine Inch Nails, so tired of this song. It still gets played several times a day, 25 years later...