Steam Access / Help

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
So It's been years since I accessed Steam.

The good news is that my UN/PW is still working and accurate.

The bad news is that I still can't get in fully due to the app saying I'm logging in to Steam via a new computer/browser etc.

The worse bad news is that the email attached to my Steam account is from a Yahoo account that was used when the Dinosaur's roamed the earth (LoL) and I can't log in to that to get the SteamGuard access code to verify I'm the owner and not just sharing my account /sigh

I contacted Yahoo and got about what I expected from a shit company as them: To get that email re-set up, they want $. I told them as politely as I can to F off, you're not getting a penny from me for such a shit site as yours.

So anyway... I'm caught in a loop now between trying to prove I'm the owner of my Steam account but when I try to verify that via alternate means on Steam's website, it says to contact customer support but when I try THAT, it says to log in but everytime I log in I can't do it fully because I need to verify I'm the actual owner because I don't have access to my original email!!! It's like a circular catch 22.

So frustrating. Any suggestions guys? Does Steam have an actual CS # I can call to talk to a human because I'm not seeing that on their Support Page (just like how Facebook makes it impossible to contact them via phone).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

do you have a phone number associated with it?
have you gone through steams Steam Support - Account Issues

under steam guard, there is a "i lost or deleted the auth app, and you can enter your phone #.

I saw one link that actually had a entry box to let you type in a problem and get a responce from a person..
steam guard>contact. but then it asks for your pw/account name. dunno if its going to stonewall you there.

Alt, you could try going into the billing section, and "I have charges I didnt make", and "im not a steam user" And try to sideways your way in, by getting them to redirect you to the correct department.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
do you have a phone number associated with it?
I don't unfortunately... I think I setup my Steam account so long ago this was before they required/asked for a phone # on file; ditto with SteamGuard.

have you gone through steams Steam Support - Account Issues
Yes, that's precisely how I get in a circular catch 22 with verifying my account is my account. My UN & PW is the same, but they don't recognize my computer and I can't verify I'm the original owner because the email is defunct. If I could just talk to a real person I think there'd be no problems!

So when I try to access *any* Steam Support links, I get this:

steam.jpg

I can't submit this code because that old yahoo E-mail is defunct now.

Thanks for your help Caliane... you've always been a sweetie :)

I should probably just make an entire new Steam account with my current E-mail and just rebuy my games... they're so old they're probably only like $4.99 per game LoL

Caliane

If you do not receive the email message from Steam Support and you are running a Spam filter, check and make sure the message has not been filtered as spam.

Please try adding "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" to your contacts or trusted senders list within your email client and attempt to re-verify your email address.

I'd probably try the account billing option, see if you can get them to redirect you.
or maybe a cold email to [email protected]?

does this work?

seems to have an option for "I no longer have access to this email address."

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't unfortunately... I think I setup my Steam account so long ago this was before they required/asked for a phone # on file; ditto with SteamGuard.

Yes, that's precisely how I get in a circular catch 22 with verifying my account is my account. My UN & PW is the same, but they don't recognize my computer and I can't verify I'm the original owner because the email is defunct. If I could just talk to a real person I think there'd be no problems!

So when I try to access *any* Steam Support links, I get this:

View attachment 335118

I can't submit this code because that old yahoo E-mail is defunct now.

Thanks for your help Caliane... you've always been a sweetie :)

I should probably just make an entire new Steam account with my current E-mail and just rebuy my games... they're so old they're probably only like $4.99 per game LoL
Just make a new one. If you haven’t played it in years there’s nothing crazy important there anyway, and like you said you can just rebuy it all for an hour of OT. Also steam keeps all your old names so it will literally be dead naming you if you get it back.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user