Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This sale sucks so far. :/
What exactly would you want on sale that makes it different? A lot of stuff that's been on sale is stuff that came out this year, especially indie titles.

I agree that putting the autumn sale so close to this one was stupid on their part.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This year was the first year in my entire life I've bought a game off a steam sale. Ya'll Wakandans are crazy

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh god had I done my research I would've known Dark Souls on Steam needed a Microshaft GAMEZ FOR WINDOWZ account, and I would've passed. I can't even create an account because their webpage is timing out, or maybe their URL is bad. Who knows who cares. Oh wait, the game won't save if I don't log in. Fun.....
DL a crack? No invasions but whatever.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Every time I see Dawn of War for sale I'm bummed it's only 2-player co-op. Want a game like that on the scale of Supreme Commander w/ like 8+ player/AI skirmish maps.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh god had I done my research I would've known Dark Souls on Steam needed a Microshaft GAMEZ FOR WINDOWZ account, and I would've passed. I can't even create an account because their webpage is timing out, or maybe their URL is bad. Who knows who cares. Oh wait, the game won't save if I don't log in. Fun.....
You can create a local account and it should save your game. You just won't have access to the online invasions, which isn't everybody's cup of tea anyway.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gamefly has Dishonored GOTY edition on sale for $10.97 after coupon code GFDEC20.

I've seen it as cheap as $13 and change on Steam before but never that cheap!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, that's the best price I've seen on that. I got it on Steam for 14 a week or so ago.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I feel like I've seen all of today's deals for this price or cheaper at some point.

Column_sl

shitlord
Its definitely worth that, but that seems like a game that is always on sale. Probly be on a Humble Bundle soon.

I wish they would put up Marvel Lego

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel like I've seen all of today's deals for this price or cheaper at some point.
I've probably said this before... but installEnhanced Steamin Chrome/Firefox for advanced price history information and other nice perks.

The only downside is that you have to view it from a browser rather than the client.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Just took a peek at the daily deals... How the fuck does Black Ops 2 still retail for $60. It's over a year old and the series has a new iteration out. What a joke.

spronk

FPS noob
^ totally worth it, best game I have played this year by far. PC port had some problems initially but is fine now. AC4 on PC will be cheaper though, its dropped down to $35 a few times and will probably be $40 or so in january sales. there is a ios/android app you can get which is very useful/fun, and an online website (Assassin's Creed Initiates) that pours an insane amount of backstory and stuff into you.

AC4 does play through uPlay, the steam version just launches uPlay basically, so if you refuse to install any other launchers keep that in mind. the uPlay integration is pretty tight, and required to access multiplayer stuff and kenways fleet (sort of like the ac2 "send assassins out for money" part, except with ships trading now).

for those that have ps4's, don't starve is free in january with ps+ fun game, although you get a bit bored after a few hours

edit: AC4 for PC is $35 on amazon right now, so you will save $10 buying it there rather than steam. the $20 season pass gets you the 1 single player DLC and some worthless MP stuff (costumes basically) and the kraken sails/masthead/wheel (worthless) for SP.

also a couple of friends have recommended sang froid, a strategy/combat game involving werewolves, setting up defenses during the day and killing them at night. its $3.75 on humble today $15 normally
The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

edit2: if anyone wants to trade snow globes, I have an extra snow globe #1 and #6 and looking for #7 and #8. add tearsintherain to your friends list and we can swap em

I've been looking at Sang Froid for a week now. Just noticed it has a Demo. This is going to be weird, I haven't played a demo in years.