Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
They absolutely would have been better of simply porting the SNES version, the PS1 version, or the GBA version. Breaks my heart that one of the best RPGs of all time was given such shit treatment for its grand PC release.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They absolutely would have been better of simply porting the SNES version, the PS1 version, or the GBA version. Breaks my heart that one of the best RPGs of all time was given such shit treatment for its grand PC release.
Pretty much. The best version of V is the GBA one, hands down, so it's not really a big deal that SE ruined that one on Steam. VI however really needs to have the best parts of PS1 and GBA merged, along with the bugfixes for stuff like Blitz and Bushido. Which is basically what the Android/iOS version is, except that they took a giant shit on the graphics and the UI looks like something from a Flash game on Newgrounds. And then they topped it off with a horrible control scheme for the PC port.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A game on your Steam wishlist is on sale!

For the same base and sale price as the last 5 times. Have gaming companies caught wise to the popularity Steam sales and people who will simply wait until it is cheap enough to not feel like a potential waste of money? Is there even a significant portion of these people? Got 10+ games on my wishlist that never budge in price.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
^^^

I was just bitching about that last night.

Oh a game is on sale for 10% off? FUCK YOU. Let me know when that $40 game drops to $10-20 thanks.

Vorph

UseIsThereAnyDeal.comwaitlist instead of the Steam wishlist. You can set exactly how much of a discount you require before being notified. It works on a ton more stores than just Steam, you can filter out the ones you won't buy from (fuck off Nuuvem), and it accounts for things like GMG vouchers. It will import your existing Steam wishlist as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'll use it for the multiple stores/vendor thing, thanks. Still a bit concerned about companies being idiots wrt sale prices. If someone didn't buy it at X price the last 4 times, what makes you think they will this time? Someone with an economics degree, enlighten me: what does the company gain by never lowering the price over time?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If they sold enough(as in what they expected to sell), they probably don't have a reason to lower it further until they can't sell anymore. They might get more sales at a lower price, but would it be enough sales to actually make up for the reduced cost? It's the same reason they're not lowering the base price over time until it reaches 1$, they probably have some lower limit based on the popularity of the game and how much it sells in general and they don't lower it under that until it stops selling entirely.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
when does the christmas sale stuff start?
Was coming to post the same thing.

This is my alcoholism. I'm by no means thrifty, quite the opposite. But the idea of spending hours in front of my PC for 2 weeks to sell badges and other shit I've horded all year to earn just enough money to get a free game I will likely never play? WHEN DOES THIS FUCKING START???

Vorph

I know they're still in the process of doing a full scan, but there looks to be very few games that are getting flagged as "new historical low" on IsThereAnyDeal.com.

Getting rid of flash sales was a colossally stupid idea.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The death of the daily flash deals was the death of the steam sale, imo.

Shit is awful this fall and winter. I hope their sales are down too, and it causes them to bring the flash deals back as a result.

Haka

N00b
Was hoping Witcher 3 and Pillars of Eternity would go lower this sale, still gotta wait another one I guess.

Not seeing much else that interests me.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I bought Pillars of Eternity during the black friday sale, and now it's 5 bucks cheaper. Has anyone done the "it's cheaper now" refund option on Steam? Is it going to uninstall my shit (and wipe saves) if I do it?