Steam Deals and Digital Sales

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Valve is to blame for getting rid of daily/flash deals, but all the prices are set by the developers/publishers.

Sale is underwhelming, as expected after GOG's last week.
I just COULDNT pull the trigger on the old DND games, the originals i still have, and I have most of the "enhanced" editions of the BG games.. I didnt even go for the free spelunky, since I already have spelunky.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
A lot of extra sales just went up. At the beginning, only 1/4 of my Want List was on sale, now nearly everything on it is.

Picked up Undertale, Punch Club, Transformers: Devastation, and King Arthur so far

spronk

FPS noob
the other big reason for the change is the refund policy: if they had daily/flash sales, people would be churning the refund system hard if a game they bought went on a lower discount during the sale. still, I think they could have done something, like it woulda been cool if they implemented a price match feature where you got a refund if a game you bought went cheaper within 2 weeks of you buying it. but nope, and now we are stuck with shitty sales

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Just me or these seem very...meh. I know I have seen some games cheaper on Steam. And GOG also.

Jaybee

So if a game is 75% off, is that pretty much it now? It won't ever hit 90% off like the old flash sales?

Nendyen_sl

shitlord
Ugh, Overkill would choose today of all days to update Payday 2 with an update that's over a gigabyte in size.

For those not in the know, whenever Payday 2 updates itself, it downloads the entire game all over again into a temporary folder on your hard drive (THE ENTIRE GAME, AGAIN), then updates the files that need to be updated one by one before removing any copies of files it downloaded that didn't need to be updated. Of the 300+ titles in my library, this is the only one that not only negatively impacts my internets but also affects Steam itself (which is gonna be shitty today anyway).

Meh, doesn't look like I'm missing much though. Highest discount on my wishlist currently is Stasis sitting at 60% off. Nothing else comes remotely close to that. Sales have been pretty disappointing lately it seems.

radditsu

I have a few older games sitting around a dollar or two. I may pull the trigger later today, but most things are very meh.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fully 25% of my wishlist (so about 50 games) are at historic lows this sale. Those of you complaining that the sale sucks are clearly not looking at the right games

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My steam library has about 20 games in it. I haven't been a PC gamer in YEARS.

This is like fuckin christmas to me

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
10 out of the 32 games in my wishlist are at historical lows, seems alright. Bunch more are close enough. Some are pretty far/are on historical low sales right now on other sites, but seems fine to me. I don't expect steam sales to be the cheapest ever for everything anymore, with the sites selling bundles and other sites selling keys from different regions and shit.

Still not buying anything though, bunch of new games coming out I want to play right away, then I still have shit I bought 1-3years ago to play through, decided I'd stop buying shit until I can actually play it. Sales are often enough now that I don't have to buy shit during a specific one and can just wait it out.

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, not really seeing anything I want right now but that's mostly because I've still got dozens of titles to play when I get the time. If I see a great RPG or something then I might pick it up but for most of this stuff even 40% off doesn't make it a must-buy-now thing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, Overkill would choose today of all days to update Payday 2 with an update that's over a gigabyte in size.

For those not in the know, whenever Payday 2 updates itself, it downloads the entire game all over again into a temporary folder on your hard drive (THE ENTIRE GAME, AGAIN), then updates the files that need to be updated one by one before removing any copies of files it downloaded that didn't need to be updated.
This sounds like the best game developer troll ever.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fully 25% of my wishlist (so about 50 games) are at historic lows this sale. Those of you complaining that the sale sucks are clearly not looking at the right games
"Historically lowest" or "New historical low"? Only one of about 30 on my waitlist is the latter, and that's Steamworld Heist which was only just released and this is its first actual sale.