Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Use wiialerts.com, dude - there's been at least 4 opportunities I've gotten to the website in time for myself just today. (Gamestop, Newegg, Toys R Us and Walmart all pinged today IIRC for bundles of various sorts [no savings, but they weren't gouged either] - 100% sure on all but WallyWorld) But I want to wait for next month rather than doing credit/cashing in investments for the moment so I had to pass)

Just make sure you keep your smartphone on you and your information preloaded on whichever retailers you'd use and should be smooth sailing unless this was the last stock they'll get before Xmas (unlikely).
been using it religiously and I am not getting shit to warn me about it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Run their test doodad - the text messaging does seem to suck I get maybe 1/2 to 1/3 of them - but the emails come consistently. (And it's a gmail address I use, so some lag to be expected on that end at times when it flakes)

Other than that, maybe it's getting to you but spam filter is eating it?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Run their test doodad - the text messaging does seem to suck I get maybe 1/2 to 1/3 of them - but the emails come consistently. (And it's a gmail address I use, so some lag to be expected on that end at times when it flakes)

Other than that, maybe it's getting to you but spam filter is eating it?
ok man im trying it your way

thanks bud

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm still shocked people all over reddit recommend Dishonored. That has got to be the worst game with hype behind it I've played in a very, very long time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Train simulator and ALL DLC on sale right now for the low low total price of $1551.50

Better grab it up while you can train fans!

Vaclav

I'm guessing you didn't like Thief, right? Because although it pales in comparison its the closest in eons.

spronk

FPS noob
isn't dishonored the game where you are a dude in a mask in a steampunk world? The game was all right, if you tried to stealth everything it was pretty fun. for $10 or whatever its a good deal, definitely not worth full price. I don't really remember any hype behind it all, pretty much a mostly ignored game it felt like.

bayr_sl

shitlord
Dishonored was pretty cool but just way too easy. And the DLC was better than the base game, the silent protagonist thing didn't work for me in Dishonored

Vorph

The game was all right, if you tried to stealth everything it was pretty fun.
I'd say exactly the opposite. Unless you buy literally zero upgrades, which is something I refuse to do in a game, Dishonored is nothing like Thief. On his best day, Garrett is a pussy who can't fight his way out of a paper sack, and Corvo is raptor Jesus reborn from just about the moment he leaves the prison. Playing it as a stealth game felt absurd to me when I knew Corvo could kill everything in sight about half a dozen different ways. So that's exactly what I did, endings be damned.

That said, it was still an enjoyable game, and only a huge disappointment when you stopped to remember who the guys who made it were. Viktor Antonov is the only one of the bunch who should be really proud of what they made; his visual design was by far the best part of the game even if he did crib rather heavily from his previous work.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I had no idea people who liked trains were retarded but apparently they are to pay that kind of money for train simulator DLC.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Any ideas if Saints Row 4 will get better than a 60% discount (current) or if the new Chivalry expac will get more than 25% (current)?

Column_sl

shitlord
It will never go any lower then a flash deal imho. If you see it in the daily deal bracket then there is a good chance it will hit a flash deal.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dishonored was pretty cool but just way too easy. And the DLC was better than the base game, the silent protagonist thing didn't work for me in Dishonored
The DLC was better just from a story standpoint. While I enjoyed the gameplay (a ghost/clean hands play throughischallenging), I was surprised how much people hyped up a game that had such a generic and predictable story. And it's unfortunate because the world it was set in seemed like it was really interesting and unique, but it just became a backdrop to a bland tale of betrayal and revenge. The story in Daud's DLC at least actually adds some depth to the game, which makes me hopeful that the Dishonored sequel will be much better.

Any ideas if Saints Row 4 will get better than a 60% discount (current) or if the new Chivalry expac will get more than 25% (current)?
Saints Row IV will go back down to $15 on Amazon on December 2nd.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
is Shadownrun Returns any good?

I liked the SNES version 20 years ago