Steam Events (Next Fest, etc)

Caliane

Uninstalled Dungeonborne within 5 minutes. Didn't realize it was fully online/pvp, was thinking I could just adventure on my own. And maybe picking the pyromancer made it harder, but the cooldowns were so shitty that I was trying to melee with my staff most of the time. And then someone nukes me with their pyro from long distance, when I didn't even realize there were other players. No thanks. Give me PVE Carebear/solo servers and maybe I'll try it on super sale.

Kindof my experience too. haha. I've largely lost my taste for pvp. always the carebear, but I also did like the thrill of danger. But now, almost all pve. Much prefer co-op. I think almost none of the survival base builders do a good job with pvp, so play them all solo... even the pve co-op is usually kindof trash, unless its local with friends. very few good hot joinco-op..
I didnt play dark and darker knowing that I wouldn't really like the pvpve much. but gave this one a shot to check it out. and also like spell casters, so pyro first... what a horrible experience that was.

arguing balance after the first 5 matches, and then just watching splattercat play some streams is probalby not exactly perfect... but still man..
I think its mostly pyro just sucking. then the level scaling might be an issue as well. that ones harder to tell with only a few matches. poor tutorial didn't help. it took me like 3 matches to figure out I could hold left click for the flame thrower.
flame thrower range is super short. and HORRIBLE dps. ticks for like 20? I watched splattercat playing rogue, and just obliterating npcs and players in .5-1s with the rogues high speed dps. staff attacks are very slow. and probably more dps then flame thrower, but not on par with 2h fighter, etc. fireball is a 1-2s channel for iirc 70 damage, pyroblast like 5-6s for 200ish.. so slow for such medieocre damage. anyone can just run up to you and just beat on your face. aoe knockback. low damage, huge cd, slow is completely ineffective.
super visible class. channeling highly visible fireballs, or charging staff... I noticed sometimes I would "absorb" nearby torches, but not certain what that was. a stealth mechanic, or faster charging, or bonus damage?
as the pyro i was struggling to kill the npcs. rats, moose, goblin,golem, skel, etc. nevermind players.

I see complaints on death knight being op. cryo mage being solid. and Rogue op.

clunky controls. why copy this from dark and darker? lol. some of it I get. locking a player into unlocking doors, chests, etc making them vulnerable on purpose. some vermintide combat and movement would be nice...

steam discussion is also full of people asking for pve only. lol. so odd. that said, I think it shows there is a DEMAND for a pve co-op dungeon crawl thats slower and more loot, trap, etc oriented, then say vermintide and other horde co-op.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

dungeonbourne is getting all the talk, despite being such a carbon copy of dark and darker. its odd this one isn't. another copy. I'll check it out later this afternoon.
a south korean dev team.

[PHC] Captain Jack Sparrow on Steam said:
This is dark and darker but with horny, dungeonborne is dark and darker but with tencent spyware

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
dungeonbourne is getting all the talk, despite being such a carbon copy of dark and darker. its odd this one isn't. another copy. I'll check it out later this afternoon.
a south korean dev team.
Captain Jack isn't lying! I just clicked it and the live stream had a big-tittied girl running around with a flesh-colored tube top that makes her look practically naked. I'll likely never play this one either, but I appreciate developers that aren't afraid of titties.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I kind of like the PvE part of these dungeon extraction things but really don't find the PvP that interesting. I wish some of them would not focus on that and just make it a coop. The MMORPG dungeon is so tired and stale, this would be a great alternative to that dead genre.

Caliane

giving dungeon stalkers a shot. also using the mage.

honestly, my first impressions is this actually is way better then dungeon bourne.
1. theres a visual indicator on your cursor what direction your attack will be.
2. gameplay is WAY smoother.
3. ui for passives, talents etc is easy to read.
4. armor takes visual damage when hit. a very neat feature.
5. actually has multiple skills you can unlock with loot. more like dark and darker here.

con. dungeon borne did have that solo que format. this doesn't.
mage is also unplayable solo. haha. same problem long charge up for spells. super visible. with the charged spells literally hovering over you for everyone to see. low damage for having these huge charge up times, and having no defense. not sure what the balance idea here is supposed to be. aoe?

edit: actually I overlooked the solo dungeon. there is one.
there is also random matchmaking for solo queing into a multiplayer dungeon.
AND pve co-op mode.

edit edit: noticed a slot that lets you keep 1 item on death.
also, did more runs, and still haven't survived any yet... but doing better. mage arrows is decently efficient here. double cast to have 5 up. will kill most 1v1 npc encounters.

Last edited:

Caliane

went back to dungeonborne to give it another shot. it does have events/dailys... but frankly dailys are a job. not a good thing. no talents/etc.. lame.

joined first match. started in a room. opened a door. and was immediately killed in by a spinto win fighter who tanked my flamethrower. survived 8seconds from the start of the dungeon.
so, he had to have loaded in, within 10ft of me at the start. why are the spawn points so close? Also, he had a skel aggroed on him. he was fighting it when I opened the door. tanked my attack, and still had 80% of his hp when I died.

going to say it. Dungeon stalkers is the better game.

Edit: on playing pyro I did figure out something... you do have a sword/shield you can swap to. which is 1000% more functional then the staff.. the staff flamethrower also charges up while you are doing this. so, can play as a gimped melee on your pyro to not completely suck. lets you actually kill npcs at least. players... still no idea.

Edit edit: and so giving dungeonborne more shots. like 7 more run attempts or so. all failing miserably. half dead to npcs. half to players. 2 ok runs. one ended when I caught a player fully off guard with a fully charged pyroblast, then chased him down. when he spin to win on me. knocked him back.. and.. then.. he just walked up and beat my face in. even when fully getting the drop on someone, and landing knockback. still don't have the killing power to actually kill someone, or keep them from just walking up and punching your face in. final run, which said fuck it. im done. never saw a player. just took my time killed some shit. got lost. portals spawn, can't find any. finally find one. a golem aggros. so decide to kill it first. a second golem aggroes.. was full mana, so decide to blast away. but again. burning ALL my mana on 2 fucking npcs golems, doesn't kill them. so need to melee them with sword/shield. fuck it up. 1 hit gets in. dead. 2ft from escape portal.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I really like Soulmask, but it feels like it'd take a Conan Exiles-level commitment to really enjoy it.

One I'll be following going forward for sure.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pacific Drive seems like it has a lot of potential, first thing from this Nextfest that I wishlisted to keep track of.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
1707795837683.png