Steam Link App

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If the app allows as much control customization as Steam itself does (which I have to imagine it will be identical, you're just passing input into the PC) then this is amazing. I can finally play a real 4X on my phone

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Sony XBR series all run Android OS. Samsung got its own special steam app, but if it the new one goes on the google play store or can be loaded via apk it can hopefully run on Android TVs.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just assumed it was for all android TVs, I didn't bother looking it up since I have a steam link.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
A bunch of people on the interwebs have said most Android TVs can already install the app, apparently. My TV isn't android but kinda moot as it's wired as an optional output to my PC anyway :p Just need to wait a couple weeks and try and muck about with the phone app. The S8+ isn't THAT big so might not be fun at all, but it makes a Note or some such even more appealing

Hekotat

I think I'd rather use that on a tablet over a phone.

Are there any really beefy tablets out there these days?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does a phone using the app need to be that beefy if it's just streaming video, essentially?

Hekotat

Does a phone using the app need to be that beefy if it's just streaming video, essentially?

I'm not sure, my phone got super hot when I tried to play PUBG on it and my thumbs hurt like hell the next few days. I'm not sure if that was in my head or if I legit burned them.

I'd want the biggest screen possible to play on though, especially if I fly to Thailand this year.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just need a good net connection if it works like similar services (ps4 remote, etc). The whole point of these streaming clients is making the host do all the work.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Just need a good net connection if it works like similar services (ps4 remote, etc). The whole point of these streaming clients is making the host do all the work.

The way you put it makes me wonder how this took so long. Remote desktop on mobile isn't new.