Steam Nominations!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Post yours! The Steam Awards
zbCeqpr.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Game within a game is Witcher 3...

Fuck it, that game should win like half of those categories.

"Test of time": Deus Ex
“I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye”: New Vegas (should be W3)
“Just 5 More Minutes”: Skyrim
“Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!”: Portal
“Villain Most In Need Of A Hug”: Bastion (Bloody Baron is better candidate ...)
“Game Within A Game”: Witcher 3 (Gwent...)
“I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award”: Shadow Warrior remake
“Best Use Of A Farm Animal”: Divinity: Original Sin (If a Larian game doesn't win this, I call BS)
“Best Deus Ex game that isn't Deus Ex”: Dishonored

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game within a game is Witcher 3...

Fuck it, that game should win like half of those categories.

Was going to say, just tried to do nominations and I can't select a game for more than one award? Witcher 3 fits most of them.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Are those your picks, Hate? That's terrible! You're terrible!

Yes and in my defense my love of games is very fluid so I went with my gut, ask me tomorrow and my pics will likely change for some of those. That and I mainly just put my top games into a category so they will be nominated.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
"Test of time": Final Fantasy 7 (EDIT: realize this actually doesn't really stand up to the test of time except for nostalgia reasons. But nostalgia keeps me playing this every few years)
“I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye”: Brothers - A tale of two sons
“Just 5 More Minutes”: Xcom 2
“Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!”: Metal Gear Solid 5
“Villain Most In Need Of A Hug”: Tyranny (everyone is evil)
“Game Within A Game”: Witcher 3 (Gwent...)
“I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award”: Grim Dawn
“Best Use Of A Farm Animal”: Picked Wasteland 2, but changed to Divinity Original Sin (Enhanced Edition) since I agree that fits better. Guessing Stardew Valley is going to win though
“Best online component in a single player game”: Grand Theft Auto 5

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played most of D:OS so what's the deal with that?

Here's mine:

MSTz54D.png

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
List is subject to change if I have any "oh yea!" moments.

"Test of time": Half-Life (Usually play through it again every 1-2 years)
“I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye”: Transistor (ending music got me)
“Just 5 More Minutes”: Civilization 5 (really just the series as a whole from the first game)
“Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!”: Dark Souls PTDE (So many cool areas and bosses)
“Villain Most In Need Of A Hug”: Metro 2033 (Poor Dark Ones)
“Game Within A Game”: Witcher 3
“I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award”: Killing Floor
“Best Use Of A Farm Animal”: Divinity: Original Sin
"GAME THAT DESERVES A SEQUEL": Half-Life Ep 2 (Just the truth)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
News - THE STEAM AWARDS: Finalists announced, voting to commence Dec 22nd

The nominations are up, voting starts on the 22nd with every category being up for votes for 24h. Personaly some of the nominations seem a bit silly, particularly Skyrim and Civ V for test of time, but this is steam games and the audience seems to be a bit more casual.

December 22nd 10 AM PST
The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award - Some people just need a hug.
-Borderlands 2
-Dead by Daylight
-Far Cry 3
-Far Cry 4
-Portal 2

December 23rd 10 AM PST
The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” AwardThis title didn’t have a huge marketing machine behind it, but you found it and loved it. Then you told your friends about it. And they loved it. And now that little game that could is about to win an award… but always remember: you totally found it first.
-Euro Truck Simulator 2
-Paladins
-Starbound
-Stardew Valley
-Unturned

December 24th 10 AM PST
The “Test of Time" AwardThis award is for the game that is just as good today as the day you first played it. Newer games may come out, but it doesn’t matter… you’ll always come back to play this one.
-Age of Empires II HD
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
-Sid Meier’s Civilization V
-Team Fortress 2
-Terraria

December 25th 10 AM PST
The “Just 5 More Minutes” AwardYou have an early day tomorrow. You need to get some sleep, so you’re just going finish one more thing before you decide to tuck in for the night. Just one more. Wait, one more. What’s that you say? It’s 2:30 AM? This award is for the game that keeps you playing late.
-Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
-Rocket League
-Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
-Fallout 4
-Terraria

December 26th 10 AM PST
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” AwardSome games melt your face. Maybe it was a crazy plot twist. Maybe you just got your wisdom teeth removed. Either way, this game BLOWS YOUR MIND.
-Bioshock Infinite
-DOOM
-Grand Theft Auto V
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
-The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

December 27th 10 AM PST
The “Game Within A Game Award” Award - Kinder Eggs. Peanut Butter Cups. Jelly Donuts. All great things stuffed with other great things. Like a mighty turducken, this award celebrates the best mini game hidden within another game.
-Garry’s Mod
-Grand Theft Auto V
-The Stanley Parable
-Tabletop Simulator
-The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

December 28th 10 AM PST
The “I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye” Award - Games are fun. But sometimes games become more than that, and touch you in a way you weren’t expecting. This award celebrates the game that blindsided you emotionally. You weren’t expecting to cry. It wasn’t in the plan. But it happened nonetheless.
-Life Is Strange
-To the Moon
-This War of Mine
-Undertale
-The Walking Dead

December 29th 10 AM PST
The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” AwardAnimals are rad and almost any game is better for including them. This game used a farm animal in the best way possible.
-ARK: Survival Evolved
-Blood and Bacon
-Farming Simulator 17
-Goat Simulator
-Stardew Valley

Of course, we intended to have a final 9th award, a write-in category where Committee members could suggest a new and exciting award. But the response was so overwhelming that one category didn’t seem enough… and so we decided to add not one, but four new awards!

December 30th 10 AM PST
The “Boom Boom” Award - Let’s face it: explosions are pretty great. In a blockbuster movie they’re thrilling. In a celebration with fireworks they’re beautiful. And when they’re behind a cop putting on sunglasses they’re nothing short of glorious. These games understand the fine art of detonation.
-BroForce
-DOOM
-Just Cause 3
-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
-Kerbal Space Program

The “Love/Hate Relationship” Award - “Games are just supposed to be fun!”… oh sweet summer child, your naivety is adorable. Games can be more than fun. They can be challenges that demand perfection. These games are punishing gauntlets that make you question your very skill… a crucible that will push you either to greatness or a breaking point. You will wake up family members as you scream. Words will come out of your mouth that would make your mom blush. Your chill friends will ask you, “Why do you play something that stresses you out?”… and you will stare at them with steely eyes and reply, “Because I love it.”
-Dark Souls III
-Darkest Dungeon
-Dota 2
-Geometry Dash
-Super Meat Boy

The “Sit Back and Relax” Award - Did you read the description for the “Love/Hate Relationship” Award? This is the opposite.
-ABZU
-Cities Skylines
-Euro Truck Simulator 2
-Mini Metro
-Viridi

The “Better With Friends” AwardThere are some games out there that just aren’t the same when you play by yourself. Maybe you need to have a friend to watch your back. Maybe you need to have a friend that you can stab in the back. Either way, mirth is awaiting those that gather friends to play these games.
-Don’t Starve Together
-Gang Beasts
-Golf With Your Friends
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Magicka

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing there aren't any early access titles here?

Because Factorio