Stellaris

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They have a subscription now. Pay a fee and get all DLC for that period. I read there's a lot of people against it. Those that had spent a lot of money to buy DLC through the years. I only have vanilla, if I decided to play this would be a pretty good deal maybe.

$9.99 1 month
$19.99 3 month
$25.99 6 month

Stellaris sub on steam

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I believe the uproar is from a very recent increase to the subscription price.

The initial subscription was well received as it enabled something customers couldn't get before. Increasing the price looks greedy even if it's a legitimate cost of doing business. I have no idea which one it actually is. But when I went to give EU4 another try between PoE leagues, the subscription price increase from 5 -> 8, within the context that they'll just keep pumping out more DLC, meant I just played something else.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pople had a cow Eve Online inscreased a sub price two years ago. First time in 23 years or something. Also can sub with in game currency if you want and that's an option. I still hear people complain like you would think preople would understand inflation but apparently not. Stellaris I think all the DLC is $150 so it works well for someone that has none of them and can try them out.

velk

Trakanon Raider
They have a subscription now. Pay a fee and get all DLC for that period. I read there's a lot of people against it. Those that had spent a lot of money to buy DLC through the years. I only have vanilla, if I decided to play this would be a pretty good deal maybe.

$9.99 1 month
$19.99 3 month
$25.99 6 month

Stellaris sub on steam

I dunno that it would be a good deal, obviously better than buying all of the DLC unless you really got into Stellaris.

Not buying any DLC at all unless you like the game and want more is still totally valid though ( and what I would recommend ), they actually aren't bad at rolling QoL improvements that are part of the DLCs into the base game.

For the sub though, this just seems like an indescribably bad deal for the heavily invested - e.g. the people in from the start who had bought everything. If this had been a monthly sub for 8 years instead of individually bought DLC they would have paid 8x as much and STILL WOULDN'T OWN ANY DLC. The moment they stop paying they lose everything. There's no reason to think future trajectory would be much different, so the sub would be useful really only for the short-term tourist.