***STEP BY STEP to connect to the Al'Kabor server***

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the download goes easier if you download Google Drive to your computer and "share" the file with yourself from cab's download page (share with the icon next to the "Open With >" dropdown on the top bar on this pageEQMac2-client.rar - Google Drive)

then fromhttps://drives.google.commove that shared file from the "Shared With Me" folder to your "My Drive" folder, and the file will automatically be synced to your computer -- with no stalled downloads.
hm, so re: this method... the status on my end still says "Syncing" 12 hours later. no actual progress bar. it might be working, it might not... heh.

anyone try this method with success?

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the help Pharm, in the end I had one of the guys on the TAKP message me the eqmac resources file and did my own install with that and a fresh install of Titanium. This copy from ab is probably infinitely easier though as it was a fair bit of dicking around with installing it myself.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That method worked for me.
yeah i realized late last night that it was working. took some digging but i found the temp file that google drive was writing the download to. confident that it was working, i clicked "pause" on google drive so that i could stream some netflix before bed. upon clicking "resume" later, that entire temp file was gone -- with no similarly sized temp file anywhere on my machine.

doh. back to square one lol.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yessssss i am in game

way too drunk to do much more than create my characters, tho

see you guys this afternoon

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
no original UI files in the abacab download apparently. would anyone be willing to stick the original uifiles online somewhere? or perhaps email them to me? will pay 5 plat in game once i make that much money. =p

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Abacab's client includes many unnecessary files. The size of only the required files totals around 2.1 gigabytes.

Using the file list found in this post:http://www.takproject.net/forums/vie....php?f=26&t=77I created a batch file that copies only what is required to play on TAKP. Create a batch file with this paste:[Batch] TAKP Small Client Batch File - Pastebin.comand place it in the EQ directory, then execute it. It will create a TAKPSmall directory which you can then move anywhere. If you have already logged in, you may wish to copy over the character ini files as well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
no original UI files in the abacab download apparently. would anyone be willing to stick the original uifiles online somewhere? or perhaps email them to me? will pay 5 plat in game once i make that much money. =p
still looking for a copy of the original default uifiles if anyone has 'em

Torok_sl

shitlord
No zoom in/out behind the character camera which makes me mega sad. I don't think I will be able to play without that.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^ just hit F9 twice and then delete and alt+up a bit

gets you to the same view as mouse scroll does on newer clients

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
By the way, there's a couple issues with Abacab's PC download. I'm pretty sure the entire thing downloaded, I got a 5,190,289 KB file. When I extract it I get these errors:

EQMac2-client.rar: CRC failed in EQMac2\_verQuest.exe. The file is corrupt
EQMac2-client.rar: Unexpected end of archive

Edit: Despite that, seems to be loading up fine first run... about to make a character.