Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My buddy's 286 was the god of computering.

Learning how to modify autoexec.bat files on boot disks so we could unload enough TSRs to play Wolfenstien? Hells yeah.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If it weren't for Henry Ford, we'd all still be riding horses.
i wouldnt mind riding a horsey, when everyone was getting around in horses the world was a much bigger place and it made people more self reliant. and if you are a treehugger a horse is greener, because it literally poops stuff that will make plants grow.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My buddy's 286 was the god of computering.

Learning how to modify autoexec.bat files on boot disks so we could unload enough TSRs to play Wolfenstien? Hells yeah.
Yup having multiple boot disks just to make sure you could have the right flavors of high/lo mem needed to run something. Anybody using computers back then needed some pretty decent skills to tweak stuff enough to make it work program to program.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I had to sacrifice a baby albino goat to get Ultima 7 to run on my computer.

iannis

Musty Nester
That doesn't compute.

commodore amiga > crapple anything
I thought Amigas were apple computers. Didn't apple buy Commodore at some point?

I guess not. I really honestly think that my Amiga had a little apple logo on it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Leo Laporte did a 30 min special with the guy who pretty much put the Amiga together, I believe he is the same guy in the documentary about recreating Vermeer paintings with no art skills at all.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I paid $40 to buy Dungeon Master for my Amiga, got the game home and found out that it needed a 512k (K!!!) additional RAM module in order to run. I went back to the store to buy that, found out it cost $500 for the RAM module. Let off a pissed off sigh, paid the money and headed home, plugged it into the bottom of the Amiga and played the hell out of Dungeon Master.

$500 for 512k of RAM in order to play a $40 game. What a country.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amiga was awesome. I played mine to death.
Amigas were gaming computers back before anybody really thought of making a gaming computer. Good sound card and good video card for fast video. I loved the old pinball game I had on that thing to death it was so much better/faster than any thing else you could get similar to it on other systems/consoles.