Steven Universe

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Steven Universe (TV Series 2013- ) - IMDb

Do any of you guys watch this? New episodes are back on Thursdays. If you were considering it I would say do it, it gets better as it goes along and builds the world.

My kids love this and I kind of do, too. This, Adventure Time, and Rick and Morty are all of the animated shows I watch anymore. The gems address really complex issues and situations without being preachy, kind of how Adventure Time does. A lot of it is female-centric since basically every character but Steven and his dad are women.

Also, sooooooooooooo much lesbianism in this show. Not that I care, but it is surprising to see on a cartoon clearly aimed at kids with no controversy. My kids either don't understand it or don't care.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh yeah, I love this show. Steven is just a great character. Permanently cheerful, and the adventures are pretty fun. I enjoy the overarching story a lot, too. The stuff you are referring to isn't necessarily lesbian oriented, but it certainly can be viewed that way. My favorite stuff is Steven and Connie, it reminds me a lot of early KoTH with Bobby and Connie. Just very innocent and sweet.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Steven Universe is alright. Above average for Cartoon Network but still fairly middle of the pack to me. After Adventure Time, the only other show I regularly watch from CN is The Amazing World of Gumball. That shit can get cracked out pretty fast.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't know, they're not even subtle about the nature of the relationships, it isn't like we're talking Marceline and PB here. Shit, whenever Garnet is split up, Sapphire and Ruby look like they're about to go at it right in front of Steven. Yeah, I actually think as much as I like the world-building they are doing with the main story, I like the Steven-Connie episodes the best.

I have watched Gumball a few times, my kids seem to like it, it's ok for sure, not my thing probably.

Enob, you need to watch Rick and Morty, best cartoon ever in existence.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh, I do. I guess I consider Adult Swim and Cartoon Network daytime as separate entities.