Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Same band minus the horn player. Some of the takes sound great. The poppier tunes near the end don't. Sounds like Guthrie slays the solo in the ending track though.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
everytime i see anything involving this guy, I can't believe I have never really listened to him. Gonna need to order some stuff and get on board. Any recommendations? I know he's got at least 1 other band (Porcupine Tree?) besides his solo stuff.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My favorite Steven Wilson material is probably his most recent album, The Raven That Refused to Sing. After that, it's the Porcupine Tree albums Fear of a Blank Planet and Deadwing. The EP Nil Recurring is really great too. It's all at least decent.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
There isn't a bad place to start. There is so much ridiculously good Steve Wilson material between all his projects. There is so much variety too.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Start with the last Porcupine Tree and work backwards. The PT stuff gets more Floyd'ish the further back you go. In Absentia and Stupid Dream are two of the greatest prog albums of all time in my opinion.

After that check out the two Blackfield albums. Very much in line with his solo work.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Raven is my favorite. The talent level of that lineup is off the charts and it shows in the music in such a reserved way.

In Absentia is a classic. Ireallylove Fear of a Black Planet too. As great as all the Porcupine Tree stuff is those two are my favorite.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the recommendations bros. Grabbed The Raven That Refused To Sing, In Absentia, and Fear of a Blank Planet. At least one listen through on all of them so far, some of the most amazing musicianship I have heard in recent memory as well as some incredibly beautiful and moving songs. Appreciate the turn on!

p.s I love that the bass player on Raven is the bass player from Kajagoogoo in the 80's. That guy was stupid good then and has only gotten better with time.

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the recommendations bros. Grabbed The Raven That Refused To Sing, In Absentia, and Fear of a Blank Planet. At least one listen through on all of them so far, some of the most amazing musicianship I have heard in recent memory as well as some incredibly beautiful and moving songs. Appreciate the turn on!

p.s I love that the bass player on Raven is the bass player from Kajagoogoo in the 80's. That guy was stupid good then and has only gotten better with time.
Awesome. Do yourself a favor and pick up two other Porcupine Tree albums. "Deadwing" and "The Incident". Both are recorded during the "Fear" era of Porcupine Tree and are amazing albums as well. Both are heavier much like "Fear".

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Another video was released. Sounds like this album will cover a lot of ground. Female vocalist and a choir. The music sounds great and Guthrie rips. February 2015 release.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This is epic stuff right here. Love me some Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
New video! This tune sounds BALLER! Goddamn Govan is so good.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
yep 12 June for the day after my birthday in Anaheim, small venue too. Stoked.

Seventh

Golden Squire
The tour has been announced. SF on June 14. That's a must-go.

US tour starts on May 21.

Tour Dates | StevenWilsonHQ.com
Fuck yes, Berklee again. I saw the last tour there, and on top of being a great sounding room, it's completely full of respectful music geeks who aren't screaming and shouting between songs and during some of the quieter parts. (He had some issues with a few crowds on that same tour when he played with Opeth, because people would fuck up the band's timing by screaming and shit during the slow parts of the songs.)

Can. Not. Wait.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Someone throw out some more high quality Prog. Need to expand my playlist~

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dammit, why can't Mr. Wilson just pay these cats to be permanent band members? Marco was going to miss last tour too until he was added back on right before the tour started.

I bet these dudes will still be badass.

Altaruk_sl

shitlord
everytime i see anything involving this guy, I can't believe I have never really listened to him. Gonna need to order some stuff and get on board. Any recommendations? I know he's got at least 1 other band (Porcupine Tree?) besides his solo stuff.
Lightbulb Sun is one of my favorite PTree albums