Styx: Master of Shadows

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New trailer for a new game. Looks like Thief-like, but interestingly enough you play what looks to be a goblin, which is much smaller in stature than a normal human, adding a fairly interesting point of view in the gameplay/pseudo gameplay stuff they're showing. Anyway probably won't be news again for this for a while but eh.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Came in hoping for game based on the band Styx, left disappointed.

Actually game looks good.

Szlia

I really love the idea of using a goblin as main character. I love it! That opens a lot of original gameplay and narrative possibilities. Let's hope they make a good use of them.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its an offshoot of the game,of orcs and men. Hopefully, it will deliver as well or more thanof orcs and men.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't added this many games to my wish list in such a short time span as this in some time. Divinity: Original Sin, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Bound by Flame, and this game have all looked great. I typically buy 6-9 games a year and that's it. I'm already overwhelmed.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Awesome game, horrible controls, if you can master the controls it will be a good time. I found myself just getting upset at all the times I died because of the controls not because of anything I was trying to do.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I saw this on twitch yesterday it looked interesting but I couldent find any info on like ebgames or w/e

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
To elaborate unless the fix the controls this game is a skip, if they do fix them this could rival Thief for best stealth game ever.

Szlia

I have not played the game, but some of the comment point out that a modicum of skill is needed unlike the very assisted movement of an Assassin's Creed. So what is the problem exactly? It's difficult to aim the jumps properly and/or there is zero assistance making it very tedious?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
While AC is indeed idiot proof and I got use to that, Styx uses a similar but much looser system until it stops and you fall to your death making a jump you landed 20 times earlier. When making any hanging jump you get the context clue press A to jump and grab here, to make that context clue pop up you need to angle the camera in a way to make it show up, sometimes it seems you need to fine tune the camera to the pixel(think skyrim lockpicking) for it to work, to make matter worse sometimes the act of pressing the button shifts the camera microseconds before you jump which more often than not leads you jumping with the animation but missing the jump. Other times you just have to jump around like an old 3D platformer which again works fine until for some reason your hand hits that ledge like you just did 20 times before only this time you fall to your death.

I got use to that pretty easily until later levels where you have to make these jump quickly or be spotted, which lead to me trying to find ways around guards that didn't involve any climbing which lead to a lot more times being spotted AKA dying, which lead to me quick saving before doing anything like I would playing turn based RPG or games like Divinity Original Sin, which lead to me not having any fun at all.

It isn't just the platforming either, you can squish to a wall and walk along it holding RT, I had this one area down, you squish down a wall behind two dudes talking, pick a lock, repeat for the guard inside the door, die from failed jump repeat. Maybe half the time RT didn't work like it did before so I ran up to the people or the guard instead of silently along the wall. I also have yet to figure out how to move to edge of wall and then wall hang, a much needed and standard move to any thief/stealth game.

If they just either removed the assisted platforming all together or tightened it up I would fucking love this game.

Szlia

I can see how such inconsistencies can be highly frustrating. Let's hope they patch that at some point. Anyone tried the console versions? Do they have the same problem?