Succession

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I'll be honest, I kind of wish they had one more season to develop this new storyline.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I still hate Shiv.

Roman has come a long way since jacking off on the window in S1.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Damn, there's clearing the air and then there's that. Fuck.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It feels like the worst case scenario is going to play out for everyone.

-Mattson will go down in flames over his fake subscriptions in India and the deal blows up.
-Shiv, having hitched her wagon to Mattson will be left without a home or landing spot. She pushed away Tom, the only person that actually has ever loved or cared about her. She will become a single mom of a kid she doesn't/can't love because she is so utterly fucked-up by her parents.
-Roman will be disgraced and ousted due to the Gerri sexual harassments claims.
-Connor... who knows, who cares?
-Kendal will end up in jail for involuntary manslaughter, when Marcia and Body Guard guy rat on him.
-Marcia ends up with a controlling interest in ATN, and appoints one of the lackeys' Gerri/Carl/Frank to run the business.
-Greg & Tom play their cruise line kill-card and get some sort of leveraged position within the corpse of ATN.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
-Kendal will end up in jail for involuntary manslaughter, when Marcia and Body Guard guy rat on him.

I don't buy this one. Billionaires don't do time for shit like that. Teddy Kennedy didn't get to be president because of the wreck that this one was most likely based on but he certainly never saw the inside of a jail cell and he did get to be a senator for close to 50 years.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Damn season started off a little slow but damn it's like a freight train now heading in. Don't want it to end. Can't wait to see what's going to happen. Surprised the boys haven't picked up on Shiv working with Mattson yet.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I find it odd that the show seems to have forgotten Shiv being pregnant for the last 3 or 4 episodes.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I find it odd that the show seems to have forgotten Shiv being pregnant for the last 3 or 4 episodes.

I think it was very much in the show's mind when Tom said she is evil and probably shouldn't have children, and she froze up in response.

Xevy

Log Wizard
According to the writers, they didn't know Shiv was going to be pregnant until after a lot of scenes/episodes were shot. So it's not as much forgotten as unknown. They didn't know when they shot that that Shiv's character was pregnant, which is actually interesting because that's like the most poignant part of the entire thing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it was very much in the show's mind when Tom said she is evil and probably shouldn't have children, and she froze up in response.
I was expecting her to throw it in Tom’s face that she was pregnant after he said that.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I was expecting her to throw it in Tom’s face that she was pregnant after he said that.

I was too. I think a worse show would've done exactly that. Then we'd get guilty apologetic Tom trying to make it up to her, blah blah blah. But this show just lets the knife stay in.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just picked up Better Caul Saul again after taking a hiatus after season 3. I was worried while rewatching the first 3 seasons that the new Succession episode wouldn't be as good or be comparable to Vince Gilligan's amazing works. I'm so relieved that I felt this show does indeed go up against the heavy hitters.

What an episode!

My favorite story, or at least the most interesting in parallel of everything, might be Toms. I don't wonder if this is his villain origin story and he is the most like Logan and will become the successor. He's got the dirt, he's got the connections. He just needs for the deal to not go through and to start leveraging his aces.

I still don't know how Greg goes. Maybe a fall guy, maybe a COO for Tom? I can't see him as COO but maybe running the ATN division.

But fuck me man. The writing and the acting in this show is just *chefs kiss* Every conversation is carefully crafted, everyone trying to leverage everyone else's emotions and thought. They actually feel and talk like business people at the top echelons of their world. Gonna be sad when this one ends.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Fantastic episode. First half was hilarious. They sneak in these throw away lines that just kill me:

"...and they want what? ATN to go full We're coming to give your guns hormone therapy, all your guns are gonna be ladies?"

"
How familiar are you with Mogadishu? Mogadishu....in Somalia? A little bit car bomby."

Then Mattson telling Greg it's great to see him again and calling him Gary. But then everything shifted when Roman confronted Connor, Mattson and Kendell started going at it, then took it up another notch between Tom and Shiv. Damn such a great show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Either going to be Kendall (the most logical and perhaps predictable choice, and now with Frank) or Shiv. Im not sure Tom is even a possibility...how could he be the "successor"? The only angle he has is blackmail with the Waystar skeletons and Greg with the shredded papers (which he doesnt even know about). He isnt in position. Especially with Shiv going against him hard now.

Who are even the possible players?

Ken
Roman
Shiv
Tom(?)
<Greg
Old Guard
Mattson(?)
Con(?lol)

One thing I was confused about is Logans will in terms of assets. It seems like they are just going with who is going to run the company, not who gets what. For instance, if the company is sold out, and they get 100 billion lets say, how much of that money is actually going to his kids? Is each kid due the same share? To me that is almost as important as who gets to be the head spot. Even moreso when you consider the company is on the verge of being sold, so leadership and succession is kind of moot.

How much cash are the kids going to get? Do they each get 2 billion or something and then try to leverage their capital into a new position after an acquisition, or sticks with GoJo in some capacity? Do they get nothing?

Thats why I kind of feel like Ken is the guy because he is the only one who is actually trying to keep the company in order to run it, like hes always wanted, and not just that, but to take over GoJo from Mattson and become bigger than his dad. Its the only situation where "Succession" still makes any kind of sense, as the gojo deal getting nixed is the only way someone even gets to be the successor.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Either going to be Kendall (the most logical and perhaps predictable choice

None of the kids are qualified to takeover is literally the point of the entire series. Kendall literally killed someone. Shiv has gone from teaming up with her brothers against Logan at end of S3, to betraying them for Matson only for that genius plan to blow up in her face. And Roman is Roman.

There isn't going to be a happy ending - just like GOT ended with Jon back in exile and Bran on the throne. Succession will end with the three Roy kids having made one too many fuck ups for their own good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Kendall should get it with just the thought of taking GoPro. Seems like something his dad would do. His dad would fuck the kids for a better deal so that's the angle Kendall is going for on the fly.