Suggestion for amazing LAN games?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I think you glossed over the part where Sjow is going, Tenks.
that knight game chivalry was a smashing success at my last lan, it's midevil combat, the slow pace of combat allows for lots of drawn out battles and fighting your friends with large swords clanging with blood gurgling if it connects never gets old.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Dont discount emulated games either. Mario Kart 64 is pretty fun on LAN.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Oh yeah they'd probably have to be at least a Gold level Zerg to beat a retired pro Terran
Haha, I still live on the memory when I beat him in warcraft 3 with mainly necromancers some 9~ years ago. Naturally, he did not get a rematch.

At any rate, thank's everyone for the suggestions! I am not really a FPS fan but I really like RPGs so hoping we'll be able to play some of those. I disagree about Heroes 3 though, it's frigging awesome to play during the wee hours when some might be sleeping etc. Perfect chill game, doesn't require that much attention etc

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Alien Swarm can be fun at a small LAN. It's a top down shooter that came out in 2010 and is free on Steam. It never got much official support beyond the base campaign, but there are a handful of player made maps worth checking out.
If you just want to have fun, start a game on low difficulty and anyone can keep up. On the highest difficulty level though, shit gets intense and you'll get a buzz from beating it. Friendly fire and line of sight will have you yelling at the wanker using a flame thrower at the back of the pack. It's even better at a LAN because at least you can smack him in the head.

I found it a nice break away from FPS and if you've never played it, it's worth a shot.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Ohh we did do that one night. Took maybe 3-4 hours to beat the entire campaign if I remember right. Everyone had fun. (Alien Swarm- free on steam)

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
My LAN buddies and I (5 of us total) really enjoy the hotseat/turn based strategy games. Its oldschool, but we played the fuck out of Warlords I/II.

Does anyone know of some newergoodhotseat turn based games? We tried out Disciples II but we only found it to be "okay". We're having a real hard time finding something that is not so "turn-time" intensive ala Civ series.

Suggestions?

cze_sl

shitlord
I Always enjoyed playing Age Of Empires II with my brothers and friends, was Always a lot of fun.
also GTA2 (free to download) is sure to give you a fun time killing eachother.

cze_sl

shitlord
Also, suggestions about hotseat games would be really appreciated, 'cause now i only play Civ V. Its fun but any alternatives would be fun!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Also, suggestions about hotseat games would be really appreciated, 'cause now i only play Civ V. Its fun but any alternatives would be fun!
Heroes ? They even have hotseat mode. You can't go wrong with Heroes 3, but 5 is decent too (as in, where did the last 4 hours go?).

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Total annihilation with TAUIP pack. 16 players on one may or is it 32 with the hack? Give everyone a 10 minute no aggression build time for some amazing battle visuals