Suicide Squad (2016)

Devlin

Golden Squire
Does it make me a bad person that I snickered when I read this?
Does it make me a bad person that when I heard the news I was disappointed it was a different Will Smith?

On the subject of the characters joking around when they're in the Suicide Squad, the more recent versions I've read have all been dark humour centric.

I really like Harley Quinn in the comics, her personality is vitally important to how she goes over in this movie. Just because she doesn't sound like the version from a children's cartoon doesn't mean they won't get the character right.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He killed the League by accident, the building blew up. In BvS, Batman used guns, knives and grenades, as well as his hands topurposefullykill people.

I'm not sure what you are missing here. I rewatched the movie (through torrents), and yes, Batman used lethal force in almost every situation. And he branded criminals knowing it meant death in jail.
People point out the grenade thing all the time, but that's not really what happened. The dude was gonna throw the grenade at Batman and he knocked it out of his hand. It went into a room or hallway or whatever it was and the dude jumped after the grenade to throw it back. That was HIS choice. Batman knocked it away from everyone.

The rest, though, is accurate. As the redlettermedia guys point out, Batman shot kgbeast, with a gun, in the fuel tank, 2 feet away from the woman he was trying to save.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Since you've seen the movie and know all about it, how is it??? Preview I saw had everyone joking around.

I sure hope Batman sings a song halfway through.
Captain Boomerang made one "joke" about Katana having a boyfriend. Every other joke was made by Harley. So what the fuck are you talking about?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It annoys me that Will Smith as Deadshot because you know they will keep his mask off to show you it's Will Smith.
I'm more annoyed that Will Smith is playing the same generic Will Smith character that he trots out for 80% of his movies.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
People point out the grenade thing all the time, but that's not really what happened. The dude was gonna throw the grenade at Batman and he knocked it out of his hand. It went into a room or hallway or whatever it was and the dude jumped after the grenade to throw it back. That was HIS choice. Batman knocked it away from everyone.
Not true. You can torrent it and see, Batman throws a guy at the guy with the grenade and kills everyone in the elevator. He also uses an AK47 in that scene that he lifted from one of the guys (while using the guy's hand to pull the trigger).

Horrible.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
getting the eisenberg "fuck it, i wanted to be the riddler but they cast me as lex luthor so i'm just going to do whatever crazy shit I want" vibe from this.

Caliane

homage, even thanks american psycho at the end.
Vogue tiein at the end very weak. Defeats the purpose. like having a mcdonalds add for Fight club.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You have fifty to almost 80 year old characters being constantly in print with new writers trying new things.

That is the only focus group you need. ignoring that and going with non comic book readers idea of hero's gives you hipster Spiderman and boring Superman.

Devlin

Golden Squire
You have fifty to almost 80 year old characters being constantly in print with new writers trying new things.

That is the only focus group you need. ignoring that and going with non comic book readers idea of hero's gives you hipster Spiderman and boring Superman.
10 Reasons Why Superman Isn't An Interesting Superhero

Superman is an inherently boring character, doing anything other than making him a boring character would be straying too far from the source material. The only memorable Superman is from the Injustice run because he plays the villain.

Heroes are only interesting when they have something to be afraid of.